Baptism

How old were your kids when they got baptized?

Shaketa123

Asked by Shaketa123 at 8:23 PM on May. 13, 2013 in Religion & Beliefs

• OP, I figured it this way, being baptized is not harmful or ties you to any religion per sey if you do not want it to, it can't hurt, my son got baptized as a catholic as a baby and then at 16 baptized himself again in a baptist church of his choice.....no harm done in either one....your children willl eventually find their own path regardless to what you expose them to.

Answer by older at 9:13 PM on May. 13, 2013

• they weren't.
    Thats a choice they need to make when they figure out what their hearts spiritual path is.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 8:29 PM on May. 13, 2013

• They aren't. We are Atheists.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 8:24 PM on May. 13, 2013

• How do you feel about it? It's your decision when/if you want them to be baptized.

Chrln06

Answer by Chrln06 at 9:58 PM on May. 13, 2013

• They aren't and they won't be unless they decide to after they move out.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:33 PM on May. 13, 2013

• I baptized all three of mine before they reached their first year..but there is really no age limit to do this....

Answer by older at 8:29 PM on May. 13, 2013

• DS was baptized in a Catholic church at 4 months old. DD has never been baptized. But at this point in my life baptism is not something I still see as important, especially for an infant. I consider myself a Christian but I walk my own path. I choose to focus on my relationship with God and not what *I personally* see as trivial acts of show.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:38 PM on May. 13, 2013

• My Son was 3 months old & my Daughter was 6 months old. He was quiet & happy about the whole thing & she was a screaming banshee! LOL! She got all the other babies crying in the Church as soon as the Priest came over to anoint her. Then cried at the dinner Party too. I think the younger the better so they sleep through the after Party too! :)

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:13 PM on May. 13, 2013

• Between 4 and 8 month old. The oldest was then confirmed in 8th grade. We belong to a different parish now where you have to be in high school before being confirmed, so the others will be confirmed in high school at some point. I like where we are now because the sacraments have basic guidelines, but it is more about when the child is ready, not about age.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 9:52 PM on May. 13, 2013

• Mine were infants
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:20 AM on May. 14, 2013