How many jobs do you have as a mom? adult content

my niece was kicked out of her boyfriend house but she stays with me now and shes not in college or any type of education she is seeking....she cook clean or whatever at his house...she doesnt go out or anything she basically sleeps all day and try to use her one job as an excuse. she is a waitress at a place where she goes in at night and come home in the morning. she was full time on the shift but she started crying about she working too much so they cut her hours. when her boyfriend be at home she be at home all the time under him and sleep all day until work but use work as an excuse...shes in the national guard but she simply waits on that check every month and waste it...he out of nowhere kicked her out...now shes laying on my couch like she was doing her ex boyfriend not doing anything but sleeping until the shift using it as an excuse for everything...she dont visit friends she just sleeps and pretends she tired...she got mad at me when i asked her why don't she get her own place...she only say something about it when i ask her of it but she doesn't put efforts towards anything.... shes 18 and the guy is in his twenties... my sister (her mom) was a friend to her instead of a mother...im thinking about throwing her out...i understand she graduated last year but shes not putting effort into anything unless you ask her,but she will never do it like she say she will. the guy she was last with...helped her get her license...helped her learn how to drive...helped her pay bills...and she thought paying his bills was loved...will i be wrong if i kick her out or send her back home? her mom see her as a 25 year old instead of 18

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:30 PM on May. 13, 2013 in General Parenting

• Counseling
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 9:31 PM on May. 13, 2013

• she needs counseling not me...i was only being nice to her
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:32 PM on May. 13, 2013

• I would not ask her to leave if she had nowhere else to go. She sounds depressed. Talk with her not at her and see if you can help if not suggest counseling.
    Ask other family members to become involved too.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:39 PM on May. 13, 2013

• theres nothing wrong with her it just that when she was living with her mom her mom was more of a friend to her than a mother...she just dont wanna do nothing..if she can cause drama with other people and cause them to come to my house then she can find her own place
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:40 PM on May. 13, 2013

• Wow, you're kind of a bitch. Not just based on your post but your responses to others as well. Here, I have a solution. Why don't you tell us what you WANT to hear...I'm sure it's something along the lines of your niece is a lazy slob, her mother was a bad parent trying to be her friend, and you are the ONLY one in the world that knows what the hell is going on and everyone should listen to you.

Staci's comment of "counseling" was telling you what to do for your niece, not suggesting that you needed it. (though based on the responses I"m beginning to wonder).
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 9:44 PM on May. 13, 2013

• Sounds to me like it's time for a reality check. Come up with some basic rules and chores that she can help out with. If she doesn't like it, she can find someplace else to live.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 9:45 PM on May. 13, 2013

• @kristi i know who was she talking to...im only asking if im wrong for putting her out...and yes her mother has 4 kids already and treat every last one of them like they are teenager friends...she don't need counseling...we tried that last year before she moved in with me but she would not go to the sessions so it was a waste
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:46 PM on May. 13, 2013

• Just because she refused to attend does not mean it was not needed or that it was a waste. Funny thing about counseling, it takes TIME....
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 9:48 PM on May. 13, 2013

• Do what you think is best. Give her notice. You have ______time to find some were else to stay.

Answer by louise2 at 9:48 PM on May. 13, 2013

• @tempsing yes she definitely need one of those! she think staying with that older guy at the age of 18 was gonna last..he does more than she do...i told her u let one job get you tired and you sitting here waiting for a check in the army? the check does not be nothing but 2000 dollars because she just got in the service last year...the counts the army as a job and the waitress as a job. they had her doing full time hours but she kept crying and getting mad saying they working her too much...so she work from 8 at night until 5 or 6 but they really dont be busy in the mornings...honestly i think she sign them army papers for the money only...people from the army told her she needs to make more positive choices but her mom sent her with the guy that threw her out because her mom wanted the guy to take care of her smh
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:49 PM on May. 13, 2013