bedtime, naptime???

so i'm trying to start my baby on a schedule, he eats baby food three times a day and nurses before after and in between meals... so he eats plenty during the day to say the least and doesnt need to nurse during the night. so the CIO method is working great for me to put him to sleep he already goes to sleep without crying, but sometimes he wakes up and crys a min or two and goes back to sleep, but i was wondering how many times do i let him do that before i get him up? like how long do your babies nap for and how many naps a day at 6-7 months and how long do you let them sleep at night? please dont bash on the CIO method, this is important to me, and i dont go around bashing on your questions i dont agree with! thank you

havingaboy08

Asked by havingaboy08 at 1:58 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• I have 3 kids (1, 3 & 5) and they always had seemed to adapt very well to night time vs day time. If your worried about them sleeping too long, don't. Let them sleep as long as they can. My 18 month old seems to sleep about 10 hours at night then another 2 hours during the day. My 3 and 5 year old (if I remember correctly) seemed to sleep about the same when they were at that age. My kids starting at 9 weeks starting sleeping through the night. The few times they did wake up in the night, they only cried for a very short time then fell back asleep till morning.
    mom858

Answer by mom858 at 5:04 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• my daughter is 7 months and she will sleep 12-14 hours at night. She takes 2 naps a day that are between 1-3 hours, usually a short one and a long one.
    When my daughter wakes up in the morning she fusses for a second or two and then goes back to sleep. Sometimes she'll wake up in 1/2 an hour, sometimes its another hour before she's up. Usually I get her up when I can hear her in there playing or she gets upset and starts whining.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 7:00 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• babies bodies are conditioned like most adults to wake up every 90 minutes and then fall back to sleep. usually when a baby fuses the parent rushes to them... dont! just let them fall back to sleep on their own.. my son is 7 months old.. sleeps 11 hours straight at night and then has two 2 hour naps... i have some baby sleep techniques that worked for us, we started him on a sleep routine at 4-5 weeks old.. and have stuck with it.. he's given 4 bottles Never at night during sleep time, and he's fed 2 solid food feedings ...
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 9:14 PM on Feb. 17, 2009