Do you get really nervous when making large purchases? ugh

I need a good car. We've been through too many buy here pay here cars that last 3yrs if we're lucky, before needing lots of major repairs. Well tomorrow we will be bringing home a $17,000 car! Yikes! Our payments will be $355 a month and we could easily spend that for a buy here pay here car that will nickle and dime us. All I keep saying is the duration of payments will be longer and worth it for a better car. Being cheap doesn't work for us anymore. Well I guess it never did.

ThatBoysMom

Asked by ThatBoysMom at 11:32 PM on May. 13, 2013 in Shopping

• We spent $30,000 on my van at a time when we had first moved to town and we didn't have much money, so I was nervous about the payments, but we really needed a good family car. I've had my van for 7 years now and I still love it. It's been so dependable and comfortable. I hope you love your new car that much. Enjoy!
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:36 PM on May. 13, 2013

• I get buyers remorse before even handing over my credit/debit card!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 11:55 PM on May. 13, 2013

• I get buyer's remorse, like Cassie, before the money even leaves my bank account. But hopefully remorse will turn to rejoicing as you find out how long and how well that new car serves you.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:06 AM on May. 14, 2013

• Yes, I always get nervous. But I also always remind myself why I need to make that big purchase, remind myself of the current situation, and if I really can't get over it, I have plenty of family and friends who will tell me, "Quit being stupid and do what you need to do!". lol
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:37 AM on May. 14, 2013

• It makes me feel better to add up the money we paid for each of our many cars in the last 10yrs, plus repairs haha. But to see a $3,000 down payment leave our account....ugh. It will be worth it. We could have easily gone through our down payment picking through our guessing game of major and minor problems in my old car.
    ThatBoysMom

Comment by ThatBoysMom (original poster) at 11:57 PM on May. 13, 2013

• Make sure you get a warranty!!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:27 PM on May. 14, 2013

• 2 YR warranty ;-)
    ThatBoysMom

Comment by ThatBoysMom (original poster) at 3:18 PM on May. 14, 2013

Ditto, now my dh he has no problem spending money.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 4:11 PM on May. 14, 2013