I know everyone asks this but I guess I'm just nervous and scared

So we have been ttc got my period Jan. 23 and on Feb 9 i had spotting for 3 days really light and only after I pee. I have been nauseated but not much my stomach fells upset all the time no other symptoms oh headaches but I get those a lot because of the 3 preteens (step kids) we already have. I guess I'm just scared because I don't want it to be negative. So when do you think I should test. I was thinking this Friday. Just want some input or encouragement I guess, thanks for your help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:02 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• The spotting was probably related to ovulation, and not implantation. It would be too soon for that. Seriously...wait to test until you are late. Otherwise, you risk disappointment by testing too soon. Why feel that when if you wait a bit longer, you might get the joy of a positive without feeling the sadness first?
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 2:07 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• i was going to say the same thing. it takes at least 12 days for you to conceive after your sex resulted in pregnancy. so testing before then won't show. best to wait at least 5 days before your next period. fyi i bought 5 test for $3.09 on ebay. lots cheaper and can test more often.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 3:27 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I guess we all kind of have different information in our minds to share. But if you started your period on Jan 23 if you have a regular 28 day cycle most women ovulate 14 days later soo that would have put your ovulation date at Feb. 5 . Assuming your egg was fertilized, i think it takes 3 -7 to implant. With that being said if your egg implanted 4 days after you ovulated Feb 9 could be the day you would have implantation bleeding which would be light spotting. I got positive test results with both of my pregnancies 9 days after ovulation. So if you too were to test positive then that day would be Feb 14. Which has come and gone. Now if you have a 28 day cycle your next period would be due Feb 19 which is in 2 days. SOoo I prefer the First Response test it tests 5 days sooner than your missed period so since it is 2 days before your missed period. There is no harm in testing now and it is negative try again in a couple days.
    Anonymous

• I also get positive tests as soon as 19 days after 1st day of last period. Test away.
    Anonymous