bath seat

i've seen bath tub seats in the store and was wondering what age did you start putting your child in one and do you wash them and and play the whole bathtime while they are in their seat? i normally just take a bath with my baby and was thinking it would be easier to keep a hold of him if i had one of these!

havingaboy08

Asked by havingaboy08 at 2:03 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We just used an infant tub until he was about 5 months... then went to a bath sponge that he layed on in the tub with just a little bit of water. Now that he sits well on his own we just put him in the tub with no support. We started at about 6 months(he's 7 months now)
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 2:11 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• we had a seat for our infant tub. but our DD didnt really like it until she was about 4-5 months old. it was one of those seats where the baby can lay back a little. so not a whole seat. but still pretty nice. because she had her hands and legs free to move. very handy those things. but she got too big for the seat at 8-9months.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 2:17 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• WE have one of the aqua baby seats, i think it works great and its much better for my nerves than to sit her in the tub. it works well for us, the oly down thing about it is that you cannot get into the nooks and crannys and folds in the lower areas you need to clean without lifting them out of the seat entirely but it makes everything else a breeze
    2misfits

Answer by 2misfits at 4:55 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I have a great bath seat which is basically mesh material stretched over a frame. My baby can lay down on it comfortably, and I put it in a few inches of water in the tub. I've used it since she was 4 days old and it works very well for us.
    CaylaLU

Answer by CaylaLU at 11:04 AM on Feb. 18, 2009