Can you think of ANY way I can find out where this business went?

They may have just changed their phone number... but I have some pissed off customers calling my home phone number that I've had maybe 2mos and asking for a floral business. I searched the name in online yellow pages and don't see anything. I keep telling them I'm not a florist and one lady left a voicemail implying she is still waiting for an order.

Maybe they went out of business but the call today said "Georgia" on my caller I.D. and I live in PA. I'm surprised that anyone out of state would know about a florist that I've never heard of although it was allegedly in my area based on the local phone number.

If they ripped people off I'd like to at least give them an alternative number for it. I don't know where else to look! I posted on facebook in case anyone local knows anything about it.

ThatBoysMom

Asked by ThatBoysMom at 10:03 AM on May. 14, 2013 in Money & Work

• Have you tried reverse look up on whitepages.com? Try variations of your phone number (think one number off on phone pad for area code, etc.) and see if anything comes up.

Here is a map that shows the area codes for GA to help you get started.  

Here is the map that shows PA area codes.

For instance, GA has an area code of 404.  If you look at your phone pad, that could easily be mistaken or misdialed as 484 which is in PA.  

Good luck.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:12 AM on May. 14, 2013

• Try the BBB. They might be able to help or your phone company. Let them know what is happening.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 10:24 AM on May. 14, 2013

• IDK. My home phone number was the number of a contractor before we got the number TEN years ago. We STILL get calls for the contractor.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 10:12 AM on May. 14, 2013

• It's possible they put out an advertisement or web page with the wrong number listed. If you can find the business, let them know you've been getting their calls.

Calling from another state is not that unusual. If you have family or friends in a different town, someone can just look up who the closest local florist is in that area.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 11:50 AM on May. 14, 2013

• City Hall and/or your local police station might be a resource too, if you have the name of the business.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:41 PM on May. 14, 2013

• Maybe the better business bureau. 

Just tell them you are very sorry but this number was given to you XYZ months ago.

Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:54 PM on May. 14, 2013

• Ask the next person that calls where the Florist was located. They are probably out of business.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:25 PM on May. 14, 2013

• QuinnMae that's awesome! I didn't think of that! I did find a business with the same name 14 miles from here but the phone number would be alot different, although I found the business name only and now have to search for the #. Next time someone calls I'm asking for details and changing my outgoing message haha.
    ThatBoysMom

Comment by ThatBoysMom (original poster) at 10:24 AM on May. 14, 2013