What Would You Pay?

If you were throwing a wedding and wanted a violinist, what would you be willing to pay for it? Would his or her years of experience be a factor? Do you think a wedding violinist should charge for the rehearsal? Would you ask for an audition?

Fistandantalus

Asked by Fistandantalus at 2:03 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think that I would expect at least a free audition bc he/she wants you to see what they have to offer. I would think that a fee would include the rehersal. I don't know-100-200 maybe-depending on if they were really good.
    Anonymous

• Yes for an audition, ask if they will be charging for the rehearsal. It does take up their time. Make sure it's all written in the contract. Rate is going to depend on your area, professional musicians charge upwards of $100 per gig around here.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:08 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I would think $150-200 for a wedding with a professional violinist. I would make them audition and would think that the fee may include the rehersal. I would have a few selections of music you would like to have played to see how they sound with that particular violinist also!
    ShawnaLT1

Answer by ShawnaLT1 at 2:11 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• When we got married 6 years ago, we paid 150, that included the rehersal.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 2:31 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• if you want someone good, but dont have the money, call your local college and ask them to see if anyone would like to play for a few bucks.... we did this, and also did this with our photographer... great photos, but only had to pay each 50 bucks.. compared to a photographer that wanted 2100
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 1:25 AM on Feb. 18, 2009