Do you allow your animals to sleep in or on your bed?

I have two cats and they love to sleep at the end of my bed. My mom has told me that it isn't good for them to sleep with me but I don't really see the problem. They are up to date on their shots, they don't go outdoors, and they are really healthy and clean. I never let them in my son's room though. My bed and the pet beds are the only furniture they lay on.

Do you let your dog or cat lay in your bed? Should I let them or discontinue this? Thanks ladies.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:46 PM on May. 14, 2013 in Pets

• My cat sleeps at my feet every night. In the winter I'm grateful she's there so I can stick my toes underneath her warm butt. I really don't see the problem.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:53 PM on May. 14, 2013

• There is no harm is them sleeping with you unless you have an allergy to them or they are bed hogs like my 2 bostons.
    If they both sleep in bed, either DH or I will end up on the floor before morning. LOL
    One will sleep with us especially during a nap or the rare times that DH and I are separated for business. but not both.

Depending on your son's age there is nothing wrong with them sleeping with him either.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:00 PM on May. 14, 2013

• Just my husband.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 1:15 PM on May. 14, 2013

• It's all up to you. I have a puppy and she isn't allowed to sleep in my bed.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 12:48 PM on May. 14, 2013

• hell no. but she's got these long gangling legs and she sheds like crazy so its a no brainer for us. i dont see anything wrong with it if you like it. i doubt its hurting anything.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:50 PM on May. 14, 2013

• I don't "allow" it, but there's not much I can do when the cat sneaks up while I am asleep. My German Shepherd sleeps in her kennel
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 12:51 PM on May. 14, 2013

• No. I'm not a fan of pet hair in my sleeping space, nor do I like the kneading thing the cats do on my soft bits.
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 12:52 PM on May. 14, 2013

• Oh - but as to whether or not you let them, it's totally up to you.
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 12:53 PM on May. 14, 2013

• No. No furniture.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:59 PM on May. 14, 2013

• When I had a cat I let her sleep on my bed. She was indoor only, didn't shed much and was small. However, I didn't allow her to sleep in my kids rooms and if we ever get a dog I won't allow it (because I will be taking the dog out at least to do his/her business and I'm not comfortable with them tracking in whatever they pick up outside on to my bed).

Answer by missanc at 1:03 PM on May. 14, 2013