BRAGGIN? OR SHARING? This will be fun!

So here's the question? What is the difference between bragging and sharing great events that happen to us? I, and my daughter have our own opinion, but we are eager to hear yours...

Pepperann

pepperannrocks

Asked by pepperannrocks at 2:16 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Perception.....You will never know the exact intent of a persons heart when they are telling a story. The listener, or reader, will perceive what they want out of it. Usually the ones who feel its bragging are the ones that are insecure. The ones that don't care will see it as sharing. THe intent of my heart is never to brag or to insinuate that my child is better than anothers child, but I am sure someone has felt that way before.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 2:24 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I think it the way you tell your story... You can tell when someone is braggn cause there story will be some what off the wall, sharing you can see it in there eyes they are exited or sad about it...
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 2:21 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I feel bragging is going
    on
    and
    on..sharing is just that talking about it and not going over board.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 2:21 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• It's all about intent - bragging is "look at me" and sharing is "this made me happy and I hope it does you too, a little".
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 2:23 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Bragging to me would be lets say going to a birthday party and someone going on and on about how little johnny can read at a college level and is the best at everything is the world, basically making it about them. My mil is this way. It doesnt matter WHAT IT IS shes going on and on its all about her. Sharing is allowing someone to share in an experience thats hopefully positive and saying omg can you believe little johnny got student of the month I am so proud, then allowing others to share their feelings on the subject.

Answer by gemgem at 2:26 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Bragging example: I was in court with my ex and he brought his gf who very loudly went on and on about how her daughter was applying for a fellowship and an internship in DC and how AWESOME her child was.
    Sharing: I was at the other table and was talking about how my dd just learned how to walk and how excited it was to see her grow up and do things.
    Anonymous

• Depends on who you're talking to. You might see it as sharing exciting moments in your life but the person listening might think you're braggin. To me sharing is: talking about your baby's first step, word or something like that. Bragging is: Going on and on about something that may be exciting to you but means very little to someone else.
    Anonymous

• How you tell the story.
    "My daughter repeated the entire alphabet yesterday. I've worked so hard with her. Can't your son get past G yet?"
    "My daughter repeated the entire alphabet yesterday. I was so excited and surprised! Isn't if fun watching them learn and grow?"
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:14 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• way to goWow! YOu all nailed it on the head! I am so with all of you on this. I asked my 18 year old daughter whom some of you might have seen my post, (she just got accepted to UF Gator GATOR GIRL) and no im not braggin just thrilled to death and want to share with my friends my happiness) Anywayyy, we have both been telling everyone and I asked Meg the same question, when is it bragging?, She said the same thing all of you said, when you are interacting and don't take over the converstation and make it all about you and only you, she also told me you can tell when someone might think you are bragging by their jealousy! I thought that was the best answer and DARN IT NOW IM BRAGGIN LOL THANKS FOR ALL YOUR GREAT ANSWERS!

pepperannrocks

Answer by pepperannrocks at 5:12 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• here is my thing.. its all in your wording.. like this morning a mom was so upset, more like tired because her child still isnt sleeping thru the night.. so i pointed her to some tips, etc, then i explained what i did with my son... and how we got it to work for him... i didnt start in with well, my son is already sleeping thru the night and you should just read a book... thats just rude, i love to help moms with an issue, or that i can relate with them.. when you brag it just makes you look stupid and selfish.. and well, i dont like those kind of people, i want someone to help another mom, not make her feel worse.. we have all been there, not everyone has the perfect sleeping baby, but eventually when you get the tools you need.. baby look out cause mama's got her groove on
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 1:23 AM on Feb. 18, 2009