Have any of you tried . . .

the dating site zoosk?

noel1978

Asked by noel1978 at 5:06 PM on May. 14, 2013 in Relationships

• No, but be careful, I just watched back to back episodes on ID about online dating gone terribly wrong....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:07 PM on May. 14, 2013

• I was part of a dating site years back. Each date was, well, interesting... there was never a second date with any guy. Maybe I just had bad luck, but the matches were NOT matches....
    daylily888

Answer by daylily888 at 5:13 PM on May. 14, 2013

• Never heard of it, but then again, I haven't been in the dating scene for almost 20 yrs. Just be very careful & always meet in a public place. Let someone know where you will be meeting this person & what time. GL

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:29 PM on May. 14, 2013

• No, but I get tons of spam related to that site. They don't seem to be totally legitimate in my opinion. You're better off trying speed dating events from Meetup.com, which is sometimes free or a very small price. Plus, you can actually find interesting stuff to do to really meet people through interests. The guys on dating sites tend to be the leftovers, the ones that get recycled and show up again year after year. Guys will use this as a new way to hook and have one night stands or to make it seem like they have a lot of female friends. I was on a site about 10 years ago and when another friend wanted to try online dating recently, we saw him still on that site! LOL still claiming he's an Italian model when he only paid for glamour shots at the mall. Never met him but thought that was funny.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 5:42 PM on May. 14, 2013

• Yes. And it matched me with a relative that I have nothing (except blood) in common with. Him and I fight like crazy and I can't stand being in the same room with him for more than a couple hours.

Try chemistry.com.....they frequently have free weekends. That's where I met my current bf of almost 3 yrs (soon to be fiance)
    Make sure she is safe about it. We exchanged emails for a few days, then chatted online, then I finally called him. When we met in person, I chose the place, told lots of people where I was going and who I was meeting, and had my SIL call me about an hr in to make sure I was ok. There are a lot of weird people out there, but there are also some good guys.

Good luck to her!
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 9:14 PM on May. 14, 2013

• no, I tried to sign up and I keep getting an error message something like we've ran out of ice cream? I honestly am starting to think there is no dating site that works. I've tried chemistry, eharmony, match.com and POF. I'm starting to think that I'm not suppose to find anyone, atleast not for a very long time. ;( good luck though.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:22 PM on Jun. 4, 2013