Temper Tantrums!!!!

I need help! Lately wehn my daughter gets back from seeing her dad for the weekend she throws these horribole temper tantrums. I get really frustrated and don't know what to do. Somone PLZ HELP!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:25 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Toddlers and preschoolers do not like change. That's actually putting it mildly. Most toddlers handle change about as well as a cat handles a bath.
    I don't know if it would help at all but you might try a "welcome home" ritual. Snuggle and read a special story and eat a special treat that you only have at this time. It might help her just like a bedtime routine helps - it would signal the change from "weekend with dad" back to "weekdays with mom".
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 2:45 PM on Feb. 17, 2009