What would you do? Going anon b/c this is awful adult content

My grown son who still lives w/ us just crossed some major lines today. He's lucky my husband wasn't home. He & my younger daughter had some words, to which he told her to STFU! He also told her she was fat, should've been given up for adoption or been aborted. (she didn't know what that meant- thank God!) When she told him he was so stupid he was hit by a parked car (I thought that was a good one) he picked her up & threw her on the couch & told her she was in time out. I'm dreading telling my husband when he gets home. Things are going to get ugly.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:37 PM on May. 14, 2013 in Adult Children (18+)

• He would be out the door, I know it's been hard on you since he came home.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 6:37 PM on May. 14, 2013

• Had that been my house, thing would have gotten ugly long before my husband got home. What was your response to him? How old is your daughter?

Is there a reason why he's still living at home? Has he exhibited this behavior in the past?
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 5:44 PM on May. 14, 2013

• If he has a job and he's grown you need to show him the door. That's just my opinion.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 5:49 PM on May. 14, 2013

• I would have called the police when he picked her up and threw her. 

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 5:44 PM on May. 14, 2013

• More importantly, what did you do to correct your son's behavior? Older kids need to have the bad behavior explained and also be taught what more appropriate behavior should have been. Then, I would punish him with chores for at least 2 months. You need to get him into an anger management program now before he gets way out of control and you're unable to influence him anymore. Yes, it will cost money but consider it an investment with a lifetime of rewards. His entire future could be ruined by this violent way of coping. Bad relationships, loss of jobs and the drama will come back to haunt you again and again if you don't take care of it now.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 5:49 PM on May. 14, 2013

• They're ten years apart? As an adult, he should be able to control himself around a kid, no matter WHAT she says to him. I would tell him it's time he moved out, and set a drop-dead date for it.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 6:18 PM on May. 14, 2013

• Oh my Gosh. That had to be scary for her. I'd pack his bags and off he'd go. Thankfully she wasn't injured. No second chances, IMO. Next time she could be seriously hurt. If she goes to school and tells anyone they will be mandated to report this.

Hugs, dear.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 5:54 PM on May. 14, 2013

• What a bunch of hurtful things for your son to say! I wonder if there's anger in his life he isn't getting out. Regardless, I'd probably tell him he had to do an activity with the little one so she felt reassured. Maybe ten or fifteen minutes of bubbles, sidewalk chalk, dandelion picking, whatever.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:24 PM on May. 14, 2013

• Omg. So sorry. He had no right to say and do those things.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:40 PM on May. 14, 2013

• Once everyone calms down, hopefully this will be talked out peacefully.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 5:44 PM on May. 14, 2013