S/O do you KNOW spanking isn't allowed at your child's school, or do you ASSUME it's illegal?

I know the person in the other question who said it is still done where she lives does not live in the same state as me, and I know it's legal here, too.

Specifically - have you seen it in writing that it is not legal?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 9:24 PM on May. 14, 2013 in General Parenting

• Yes and No. Spanking in a school by school personnel is not allowed unless written permission is given. Then and only then can a school administrator administer the corporal punishment. Even then, most school administrators will not do it. 

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:27 PM on May. 14, 2013

• its legal in Oklahoma. tho its not really used in the urban and suburban school districts and the parents have to give written consent (its a strange form to say the least). but from the stories ive heard some of the rural schools use it a LOT and questionably so.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:28 PM on May. 14, 2013

• Even then, most school administrators will not do it.

But that's a far cry from assuming it's illegal.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 9:28 PM on May. 14, 2013

• Well, it is only legal in 19 states, so it may be illegal in the state she lives in.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:32 PM on May. 14, 2013

• JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:33 PM on May. 14, 2013

• According to the school handbook (which I just read the other day) corporal punishment is listed as a form of punishment at my son's school. No permission needed from the parents. Never seen or heard of it actually being used though.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 9:34 PM on May. 14, 2013

• I don't care if it's legal or not I would fucking KILL any school employee if they hit my kid.... there is NO way an adult hitting a child in a school setting is not an assault & battery... no matter what the law says.
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:38 PM on May. 14, 2013

• Not leg in my district by school personnel
    But it is legal in my state as a form of discipline by parental figures
    My state also allows fir reasonable force to be ysed regarding self defence

So if a kid is hitting a teacher the teacher can clock them

I thought the whole question was based on the grandmother spanking the kid on school grounds?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 9:38 PM on May. 14, 2013

• So if a kid is hitting a teacher the teacher can clock them <<<--- I would also stand behind my child 100% if they were hit by an adult and my kid hit back!!

I'm in MA... not allowed... which will keep me out of prison! LOL
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:41 PM on May. 14, 2013

• in the state where dihydrogen monoxide surfaced as a toxic, poisonous chemical... i know spanking is prohibited by faculty against students in our schools. atleast the ones my kids go to anyway, and the ones ive worked at in the past.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:44 PM on May. 14, 2013