Have you watched Bully yet?

If you have, were you aware of how bad bullying really was before you saw it?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 10:02 PM on May. 14, 2013 in Parenting Debate

• Yes and Yes.  As a side note, my brother in law is in that movie. My husband and I did a double take. He was in the karate part of the home movies of Tyler. We live 15 miles from Murray County where Tyler Long lived at and was bullied at school. 

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:07 PM on May. 14, 2013

• No. I know some schools around here are showing it.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:38 PM on May. 14, 2013

• No I have not.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:31 AM on May. 15, 2013

• Where is it available to watch, NP? I would very much like to see it.

Nos4

Answer by Nos4 at 6:02 AM on May. 15, 2013

I know it's on Netflix and Amazon Instant. I'm sure it's probably other places online, too.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 7:12 AM on May. 15, 2013

• I have Netflix and Amazon on my xbox, I'll have to put it in my queue. Too bad it's not required for all staff in dd's school to watch...
    Nos4

Answer by Nos4 at 10:39 AM on May. 15, 2013

• Bring tissues. Lots and lots of tissues.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 12:19 PM on May. 15, 2013

• I can't watch it because it will make me cry. My Son started Kindergarten this year & he's a tiny peanut. Kindergartners have to sit on the front of the bus. My Son sits next to another sweet boy. Well there was a 5th grader who obviously has issues so bad, he had to sit up front opposite the Bus Driver. He often said terrible things to my Son & the other Boy & I told him not to look or talk to that boy. Well, one day they had a substitute Bus Driver. This 5th grader reached over unlocked the seat beat of my Son & his friend & grabbed my Son & pulled him into his seat & proceeded to pound my Sons head against the bus window. My Son was so terrified that he just sat there & when he told him "stop" the little shit said "this is what friends do to each other". So thankfully when my Son got off the bus he told his Teacher & she sent him to the Principals office. It was handled quickly & efficiently. I blame the Parents! Cont:
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:40 PM on May. 15, 2013

• Cont: hit the Parents in the pocket by being financially responsible every time their child hurts another & rest assure it will happen a lot less often. I cannot believe I am saying this but I feel sorry for that kid. Goodness knows what he has seen in his short years on this earth to have the capacity to hurt another & note what he told my Son! I wonder if that's what his Mom or Dad says to him. So sad.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:43 PM on May. 15, 2013

• There's a scene from the doc, paraphrased:
    Asst. Dean: Do you trust me to fix it if you tell me what happens?
    Kid: You didn't stop it when Soandso pushed me down and sat on my head.
    Asst. Dean: How do you know that? I called him in and talked to him! He never sat on your head again, did he?
    Kid: He just did other stuff instead
    (camera pan to asst. dean who looks insulted)
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 12:46 PM on May. 15, 2013