So my daughter made color guard but I am concerned....

It is rumored among the girls and other band members that the band director cusses the kids during camp.....My daughter said the day they announced who made color guard the band director told them "Now yall know yall made it so get the hell out of my band room". I asked her so many times did he really say it. She is 16 and has always told me straight up the truth. But I am so concerned about this. Some parents have also told me that he has went up before his superiors many times for cussing the kids. But he never gets fired because they win comps all the time and they have so many trophies they dont know what to do with them.So I am thinking because he is so good and wins for the school that no matter what he does they wont fire him. I want my daughter to enjoy color guard but I will be having big issures with this guy if he cusses my daughter. Anyway has anything ever happened at yr kids schools or extra curricular activities and what did you do about it.I dont mind him being strict to get the best he needs from his students. I was in band and choir when I was in HS so I know how strict those particular teachers can be but they never once cussed at us.

Fairymom32

Asked by Fairymom32 at 11:44 PM on May. 14, 2013 in Teens (13-17)

• If you're concerned about your daughter hearing the world Hell, I hope you don't ever let her near a bible, or Shakespeare, or top 40 music, or country music, or tv...
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:48 PM on May. 14, 2013

• Really? Your panties are in a bunch over "hell"?

PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:51 PM on May. 14, 2013

• You don't think your daughter hears those words a million times a day in school anyways??

It's a cuss word it isn't going to hurt her, it isn't like he is hitting the children.

While it isn't very savory of the director it isn't something that will damage the Teens, she is 16 not 6.

I was in Marching band in HS and College and heard a lot worse just from other members that were drilling us.. I agree that the guy could do better but it isn't something I would fuss about. Obviously he is a great director or he wouldn't still be there, and having a director like him can lead to many more kids getting scholarships for school. She is going to come accross much worse in the world very soon.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 12:02 AM on May. 15, 2013

• The point is that she is going to have to learn to deal with people like this and to not let it bother her. What do you want her to do for the rest of her life, run and tell a superior everytime her feelings get hurt by someone??

You have to help her realize that the guy is a bit of an ass and that his cussing at them/her has nothing to do with her and to ignore it. Teach her to have thicker skin so that she doesn't spend her life feeling hurt because someone doesn't like her or someone is a "bully" as you term it.

No one is being a bully her we simply just diagree with you, which you can't seem to handle. Why did you ask if all you wanted was answers that told you exactly what you wanted to hear??
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 12:15 AM on May. 15, 2013

• So you didnt get the responses you were hoping for therefore there is something wrong with the respondants?
    Pick your goddamn flag up and do it the right way really isnt cussint AT the kid
    Calling the kid a stupid motherfucker would be cussing at the kid

Do you understand the line we hace drawn?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 12:17 AM on May. 15, 2013

• I am afraid that cussing is in everyday life and I am pretty sure your daughter has uttered an no-no at some point in time.
    Your daughter's ears are not going to bleed because he yells or says hell, damn or shit.

However if you are concerned have her drop color guard. It is as simple as that.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:21 AM on May. 15, 2013

• Fairymom, I don't find it appropriate at all for a teacher to do this.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:33 AM on May. 15, 2013