Are apartments mandatory to be cleaned? Me and my family is scared to sleep adult content

We are on air mattresses until our furniture arrives but we found a big hole under our sink. This our first night in our apartment. They was suppose to have our carpets cleaned but apparently they lied. We are seeing bugs of unknown kind we spending night killing spiders and black bugs that's keep repeatedly coming out of the carpet we are scared to sleep there are even spiders coming from under the carpet onto the wall what kind of legal action should I take if I can't get this fixed? I have I work in the morning but I am terrified of all these insects repeatedly coming out the carpet and other places. This is our fight night in our apartment :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 AM on May. 15, 2013 in General Parenting

• Call the local housing authority or code enforcement.
    Take pics.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:47 AM on May. 15, 2013

• I agree with Partygal... call first thing in the morning.

thats not normal
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 1:49 AM on May. 15, 2013

• Me and our family are in the car sleeping I never seen so many bugs in a carpet they told us the carpet was sprayed but its infested with various kinds of bugs
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:03 AM on May. 15, 2013

• Got pics of the bugs?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 2:05 AM on May. 15, 2013

• Yes and they are still over the house we left out immediately
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:08 AM on May. 15, 2013

• Ok not all states have housing regulations
    You need to do a search
    However bugs ( i am almost positive) have an affect on habitabity clauses meaning you may be able to get a full refund and not be penalized for breaking the lease. Esp within 24 hrs
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 2:16 AM on May. 15, 2013

• I just got done researching and looking over the copy of the lease it is mandatory to clean the carpet but that carpet has to be infested I never seen something like this
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:27 AM on May. 15, 2013

• Most places either make the tennants pay to have the carpet cleaned upon move out or they keep a part of the deposit for the cleaning. So there should not be any bugs unless they just never did anything no cleaning or spraying.

Definately report them and get as many pictures as you can. Heck if you can collect a few of the bugs in a container.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 2:47 AM on May. 15, 2013

• Under landlord tenant law, if an apartment is uninhabitable, there is a breach of lease by the landlord. You should also notify your landlord in writing of the issue and demand the infestation be eradicated by a reasonable date. You can also call the housing department in your town and have an inspector come out to document the infestation problem. State that you will terminate the lease if the condition is not corrected since it has made your living area uninhabitable. If you get no satisfactory response, move. Then unfortunately, you will have to find another place to live. But make sure you have done what is necessary under the laws in your state terminate the lease.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 2:50 AM on May. 15, 2013

• I'm in the state where it's required...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:01 AM on May. 15, 2013