Should I report this?

I don't know if this is we're it belongs but I just want to ask and see if I should report it or it's no big deal. I had a little fender bender the other day no major damage was done. And the driver of the other car demanded my license and like an idiot I gave it to her. And when I looked at her she was staring at my license for the some time almost like she was studying it. And wasn't thinking then and now im just wondering. Now I'm a paranoid person and don't want her to try to steal my bank statement or anything. Would she be able to get another from my license?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:33 AM on May. 15, 2013 in Money & Work

• She shouldn't be able to get anything from your license alone. She would have your address but beyond that it would be hard to get anything of real value(meaning a credit card, bank account etc) without your social security number.

I think you are fine.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 2:41 AM on May. 15, 2013

• Why so mean?? You're going to make me cry

PS don't hijack her question she is genuinely worried and doesn't need it. It isn't nice
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 3:55 AM on May. 15, 2013

• It's highly unlikely she can use your license to get much of anything. Were you at fault in the accident? If you were at fault, my guess would be she's been hit before and had the person disappear, so she was trying to commit your info to memory so that if you disappeared on her, she'd be able to find you.

I wouldn't worry too much. Just keep a close eye on your mail, if something doesn't show up when it should (bank statement, credit card bill, etc.) call and ask where it is. But I really don't think she can do anything all that harmful with your license.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:47 AM on May. 15, 2013

• As the others mentioned, I doubt she would be able to get anything from your DL. You don't have your banking institution on your license, so that really has nothing to do with her. It would be your insurance card that she should have asked for. You should have also gotten her information (DL / name and address, license plate number, year/make/model, take pictures of damage - even if it's very minor or not visible as this would prohibit her from furthering the damage to get repairs and holding you responsible for something that wasn't your fault). I'm a little cynical in situations like these if you couldn't tell. If you don't have an actual camera, a phone with a camera is better than nothing. Also the names of any witnesses is also helpful.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:56 AM on May. 15, 2013

• Oh, and if she took your address and tried to steal your bank statements from your mail, that's actually a federal offense and not something to take lightly. I wouldn't worry too much about that though.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:57 AM on May. 15, 2013

• You got her information as well didn't you?

If you are worried notify your bank to be extra cautious. It might cause you some inconvenience but she did look very hard at you license.
    I would normally just give my insurance info. But I am mean unlike tnt
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:13 PM on May. 15, 2013