Saw someone praising about this on FB

This is only about an hour and a half from where I live, too....

http://www.tricities.com/news/local/article_7f64b260-bd03-11e2-9c2a-0019bb30f31a.html

Some snippets:

"The Ten Commandments could soon hang on a wall at the county government building, after a unanimous Washington County Board of Supervisors vote Tuesday night."

"“We believe Christians have rights and fair is fair,” he said. “Christianity is America’s national heritage and also the heritage of people in Washington County.”"

"
Eggers pointed to nearby Sullivan County, where the Ten Commandments are posted in the Blountville courthouse, along with the Bill of Rights, the Constitution and Virginia’s Statute for Religious Freedom, penned by Thomas Jefferson.

“Christianity is our heritage. I think the least we can do is stand for it and I plan to,” Eggers said.

He offered to personally purchase the sign with the Commandments on it." 
(that's all one snippet, lol)

"“We’re parents, too, and we have real concerns about our children and morals and beliefs in the county,” she said. “This is just a way of standing and putting God first.”" 

Thoughts? Discussion?

bandgeek521

Asked by bandgeek521 at 8:39 AM on May. 15, 2013 in Religious Debate

• They should move to Iran where they'd fit right in.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:50 AM on May. 15, 2013

• They are ignorant.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 9:02 AM on May. 15, 2013

• lol, you both know I feel the same way ;)
    bandgeek521

Comment by bandgeek521 (original poster) at 9:26 AM on May. 15, 2013

• DH is saying that if "fair is fair" they need to post the "tenets" of other faiths as well, lol
    bandgeek521

Comment by bandgeek521 (original poster) at 9:28 AM on May. 15, 2013

• KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 9:28 AM on May. 15, 2013

• For me, I feel that putting the Commandments up in a court house is akin to implying or saying that the laws of the Christian religion are enforced through the judicial system of the courts; basically that the religious laws ARE law. And I don't think I really like that implication...
    bandgeek521

Comment by bandgeek521 (original poster) at 9:33 AM on May. 15, 2013

• ugh, i couldnt roll my eyes hard enough after the first snippet already. i hate people.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:42 AM on May. 15, 2013

• wow...the hypocrisy. "were gonna put up the 10 commandments along w/ 3 documents that say what we're doing is against what the country stands for, but were gonna say that its all what the country stands for." yikes! its like these ppl cant hear themselves thru the blindness caused by their "faith".

we dont need the 10 Commandments in court b/c they arent the laws of this country...not even close. half of them have nothing to do with govt and are personal religious laws (that most Christians dont even keep!) so they have zero to do with our court system.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:02 PM on May. 15, 2013

• Wow, just... wow. I really have nothing to say about that level of stupidity. Excepct for maybe this...

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 12:34 PM on May. 15, 2013

• I hadn't played much in photoshop lately, so here you go - post this:

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:43 PM on May. 15, 2013