When do refunds deposit when considered unpostable?

I am considered unpostable or whatever. They pulled my refund twice and it put me in this category. After several different responses from IRS agents...I keep getting told that we should get a refund in 9 weeks from March 4, but my status still won't change from processing. Has anyone been through this and how long did it take for you to get your refund?

Roisin07

Asked by Roisin07 at 8:47 AM on May. 15, 2013 in Money & Work

• I'm not sure exactly what "unpostable" means. I'm guessing it means they tried to deposit in your bank account and the bank rejected it for whatever reason. If that's the case, I would think it would not deposit until/unless you confirm and/or correct your bank account info with the IRS and/or find out why your bank rejected it. If "unpostable" means something else, then I have no suggestions.

My best advice keep calling the IRS and asking until you get a useful answer. Bug anyone enough, eventually they help you, if for no other reason than to make you go away. lol
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:50 AM on May. 15, 2013

• I have never been through that but I know how big of a hassle the IRS can be (I worked for a tax company once) Heres a link that might be abe to answer your questions

http://igotmyrefund.com/unpostable/

Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 8:52 AM on May. 15, 2013

• Call and ask if their is anything you can do to help them expidite your refund.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:56 AM on May. 15, 2013

• Sounds like you entered the wrong account information.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:45 PM on May. 15, 2013