The blitzkrieg of tummy bugs!

I woke up fine yeserday morning. By one o'clock, I was throwing up and having bathroom issues, and by three I was so weak and fatigued that I had to go to bed. Fever, exhaustion, plain old misery. I woke up this morning just fine again, except for being utterly wiped out. Have any of you experienced a bug like that? Should I still be okay to go to the doctor and get a cyst removed this afternoon? It's a minor outpatient procedure.

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 12:21 PM on May. 15, 2013 in Health

• Sounds like the stomach flu. It always knocks me out. I never get a little tummy upset, I get full on, I want to die...please kill me now kind of flu. Glad you are feeling better.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:47 PM on May. 15, 2013

• We had it a few weeks ago. Lasted about twelve hours total, the only one who escaped unscathed was the baby.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 12:47 PM on May. 15, 2013

• If you had a fever within 24 hours they probably will not do any surgical procedure. I'd reschedule anyway. You never know what secondary infection that you can get since your body os already fighting something off. BTW, we all had that bug a few weeks ago too & it was a kick ass one! Hope you feel better soon, it took me about a week & a half.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:25 PM on May. 15, 2013

• I'd call them and ask them. They might not have a problem with it, but you never know.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 3:58 PM on May. 15, 2013

• A 12 hour bug whipped through out family one after the other in a matter of 3 days. It was the most HORRIFIC weekend of MY LIFE so far.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:48 PM on May. 15, 2013

• It was the fastest bug I was ever hit by. I'm over it today, but absolutely exhausted. I went ahead and got the cyst removed--nothing more than a few tugs and a snip, really.
    Ballad

Comment by Ballad (original poster) at 10:52 PM on May. 15, 2013