Why is it so bad to feed formula?

I keep reading, by those ignorant breastfeeding mothers, that it's so bad to feed formula to your baby. But what if I dont have a chance? Why are some mothers so ignorant? And why do they think they are doing everything so much better? It really bothers me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:34 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• i know exactly what you mean.

i didnt have a chance. i HAD TO formula feed... well, actually half breast and half formula for the first 2-3months. then only formula because i just didnt produce enough milk for my baby. and what was i suppose to do?! let my child starve?! i dont think so.

m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 2:45 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Its not bad if you can afford it:)
    Anonymous

• it isn't bad but SOME bf moms are full of it. it is our obligation as mothers to do what we believe is best for our children. if you feel its okay do it. if you feel breastfeeding is better do it. but at then end of the day we are all moms doing what we feel is BEST for OUR children.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 2:36 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• FORMULA IS NOT BAD. BF IS NOT BAD EITHER,THERE IS PROS AND CONS FOR BOTH. IN THE END YOU HAVE TO DECIDE WHICH IS BETTER FOR YOU AND YOUR BABIES. DO THE RESEARCH AND DECIDE FOR YOURSELF. I DID, 15 YEARS AGO WHEN I HAD MY 1ST I DECIDED BFING WAS BEST FOR US. I ALSO BF MY OTHER 3 BOYS (AM CURRENTLY NURSING MY 9 MONTH OLD), BUT I ALSO SUPPLEMENTED THEM WITH FORMULA ALL BUT THIS LAST ONE. DOES THAT MAKE ME A BAD MOM? I DONT THINK SO.SO IN THE END THE CHOICE IS YOURS.
    dawn81700

Answer by dawn81700 at 2:43 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• its not bad and bf moms are no better than any other mothers they just think they are. its the voices in their heads i think
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 2:46 PM on Feb. 17, 2009