6 mo won't open his mouth for me!

OK, I'm trying to get baby no. 3 to eat baby food, but he won't open his mouth. He literally clamps his jaws shut and shoots me a dirty look. Eventually I can sneak a bite in when he's distracted by Animal Planet, and then he's good to go for about 3 bites then back to the clamp-and-glare. Babies 1 and 2 were the opposite - I couldn't shovel it in fast enough. I would normally think to wait a while, but my sister babysits occassionally and he eats 3 jars a day (and sleeps all night, the little heathen - with me it's the jack-in-the-box syndrome). Any advice? He's just too darn cute to give up for adoption :-)

plylerjones

Asked by plylerjones at 2:34 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• So he will eat for you sister an not for you?? Maybe watch her feed him see if she does something you don't do.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 2:38 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• haha...i tell my daughter all the time "your lucky your cute or i would put you up for adoption" of course i am just kidding I love her to peices too! my daughter went through this too. I had her on food around 3 1/2 months i know all of you who want to yell it was early but formula just wasnt doing it because she would spit it all back up. but around 6 months she did this to me for about a 2 weeks. But then she started eating like a champ again. I would say just give it time and try to offer it to him, if he doesnt want it stop and try again later. he will eat when he's hungry! Good luck!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 2:50 PM on Feb. 17, 2009