What do you do? Put the bird out it's misery?

My six year old came in the house with a black bird who had a severly broken wing. I got a box for him, called a couple of rescue places, but nobody would help. The bird is in a box suffering, what should I do? I have never killed an animal, but it seems cruel to let it continue to suffer, the wing looks to be broken in several places, my vet told me to drown it. yikes!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:03 PM on May. 15, 2013 in Home & Garden

• Go to another vet office where they don't know you, place it on the counter and RUN
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 1:10 PM on May. 15, 2013

• Leave him in a safe place outside & let him die himself. A bird will not die of a broken wing, maybe his neck is broken too. I'd let nature take it's course. I would never kill it myself. Don't drown it, that is sick!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:05 PM on May. 15, 2013

• That's just sad.... I just I would take it to my vet and ask them to drown it instead. I couldn't do it.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 1:04 PM on May. 15, 2013

• For $100 they will euthanize it! Such great help, I don't know what to do, still trying to call some more places, need to have bird gone before DS gets out of school. Money is pretty tight at the moment, but I may spring for the poor thing. :(
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:08 PM on May. 15, 2013

• Break it's neck
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 1:09 PM on May. 15, 2013