• In the Spotlight:

Would you call the police for someone changing a diaper?

There is a story on Mom Confessions today, about a couple who changed a baby in the seating area because Starbucks has no changing table. Now I think I would be grossed out if someone changed a poopy diaper while I was having my morning coffee, but the police really?
I don't know why they just didn't do it in the car, or even put a blanket on the floor of the restroom, but calling the police IMO is a bit dramatic.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:18 PM on May. 15, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 2:53 PM on May. 15, 2013

• The fact that it's in Mom Confessions means it's a better than 50% chance it never even happened.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:20 PM on May. 15, 2013

• So let's be clear th police were called because of an altercation between the employee and the father.
    They were not call because of the changed diaper though that may have sparked the altercation.

You do realize they could lose they food vending license over people who do change diapers in the eating or waiting areas, right?
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:33 PM on May. 15, 2013

• Police should be called in a dispute like this one... wasn't about the diaper.
    amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 3:03 PM on May. 15, 2013

• if it actually happened then I think it's over the top.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 2:25 PM on May. 15, 2013

• I read they had got into an argument and this was why the police was called.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 2:29 PM on May. 15, 2013

• Calling the cops is extreme, but so is throwing your coffee in the face of a rude employee. But it is against health codes to change a diaper in an eating establishment, so they should have went to the car.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 3:02 PM on May. 15, 2013

• I just googled it, the reason the police were called is because the Starbucks employee was rude, and the husband threw his coffee on the floor, it happened in Denver.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:29 PM on May. 15, 2013

• Calling the police does seem a bit much, but like you said, I wonder why the couple didn't go to the car or lay a blanket down on the restroom floor.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:30 PM on May. 15, 2013

• if you just googled it, include the link to the story.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:31 PM on May. 15, 2013