Dog peeing right when she gets in the house

I will keep my dog outside to use the restroom for 15-20 minutes and lately with warmer weather a lot longer. Lately within minutes of being in she pees on the carpet. Can anyone help me? why is she doing this? It was great for a while hardly any accidents now its 3-5 accidents a day.

LostSoul88

Asked by LostSoul88 at 2:51 PM on May. 15, 2013 in Pets

• Ive had this issue
    The dog was holding it until he got in. He could be outside for hours and never go
    I had to retrain him. Watch until he went then offer praise and treats

It was weird but i guess pretty common
    That cesar dog guy has become a great resource
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 3:09 PM on May. 15, 2013

• I hated when my puppy did that. to get her to stop i'd give her a treat every time she used it outside, if I saw her starting to squat i'd yell "ank ank" lol you know that sound you make when you're trying to get your dog (or kid) to not do something. and then take her immediately outside. if she peed in the house while running around i'd take her back outside and make her stay in a certain spot until she used the bathroom. it eventually worked
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 2:59 PM on May. 15, 2013

• If she's peeing on the rug, (say a small area rug) put that rug outside the door. Or if you have tile maybe put a few tiles outside the door Sometimes I swear it's a texture thing (what they feel under their feet).
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 3:05 PM on May. 15, 2013

• Could it be an infection? What are you using to eliminate the urine smell from your carpet? If it's in the same spot, you could try those wee-wee pads in that area to help save your carpet. Nature's Miracle works great on getting rid of the smell.  But I would still have the vet check for an infection. GL

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:20 PM on May. 15, 2013

• It might be a urinary tract infection
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 10:00 PM on May. 15, 2013

• If this is a puppy what is probably happening is that she is forgetting she has to go because she is busy sniffing around or has found some other thing that distracts her. When you take her outside don't leave her out there unattended and when you see her go praise and reward her. If she does not go I would let her back in and put her in her crate (if she has one) for about 10 minutes and then take her back out.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 9:01 AM on May. 16, 2013