Make up your minds! lmao. Which is the root of all evil... for real?

Working and putting your child in daycare (ie. why have kids if you can't raise them yourself)

or

Being on Welfare? (ie. Why have kids if you can't afford them)

You can't have it both ways!

If I did not work then instead of being all down on me for putting DS in daycare for 8 hours a day 5 days a week so DH and I can pay bills, you would be down on me for collecting food stamps!

:) Just sayin'

People irl are bugging me about working...not people here.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:00 PM on May. 15, 2013 in General Parenting

• The root of all evil is thinking it's your (generic you) business to tell anyone whichever one they do.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:02 PM on May. 15, 2013

• Both, neither! As long as you are taking care of your kids to the best of your ability it doesn't matter what you do. Though if you are a lazy ass and having kids TO collect welfare then you damn sure shouldn't have kids.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 5:03 PM on May. 15, 2013

• Just put them in Color Guard and that will solve all your problems.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 5:05 PM on May. 15, 2013

• Dude... Get a hold of your self! You make the best choice for your family and screw what others think. Seriously you will never make everyone happy, so doesn't it make sense to make your family happy and tell others to piss off?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 5:09 PM on May. 15, 2013

• Other people can fuck off. You aren't doing anything wrong by being a working mom. They need to get over themselves.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 5:10 PM on May. 15, 2013

• IMHO, the root of evil, so to speak, is the parents who don't give a crap about their kids & let them run wild. Those parents come from all walks of life & economic station.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:11 PM on May. 15, 2013

• Either way it's a lose lose. Sometimes taking a job and putting kids in daycare isn't even worth it. It cost me $1000 a month to put my 2 kids in daycare. It's not worth having half my pay go to it because I have very little for bills. That's why their dad is now watching them to help save cost of childcare.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 5:28 PM on May. 15, 2013

• People irl are bugging me about working...not people here.

well, all except gwen20
    Anonymous

• I agree with kmath... If a person is popping out a kid to pad their welfare check the. No they need another kid.
    goofygalno1

Answer by goofygalno1 at 6:25 PM on May. 15, 2013

• I was raised you work for everything you have, so if you don't have something earn it. Yes its hard to put your child in daycare because there are people that are with your child sometimes more often than you can be because of work. But I think that welfare has become a crutch for a lot of people. Now I am NOT talking about the families who really need it, take it to get back on their feet, & then get off of it. But I do not agree with ppl literally living off of it.
    Inked.Mom

Answer by Inked.Mom at 6:27 PM on May. 15, 2013