When you come in from errands and the baby is asleep in the infant seat, do you take them out immediately or wait for them to wake up?

We have a busy, busy life and sometimes I feel guilty that my little one spends so much time in the infant seat. I bring it in and wait for her to wake up before getting her out. I feel it would only disrupt her sleep to constantly be moving her in and out of it especially when we will have to be out the door again most likely while she is still asleep. Any other moms feel this way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:01 PM on May. 15, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Becareful that babe's head is developing properly they need to have tummy time and to move around and what not.
    pinkparcel

Answer by pinkparcel at 8:06 PM on May. 15, 2013

• Let them sleep, if that means leaving them in the seat then I would do that.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 6:03 PM on May. 15, 2013

• Let them sleep in the infant seat.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:06 PM on May. 15, 2013

• If the baby is sleeping in a safe place- go do something you need to do!!!!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:18 PM on May. 15, 2013

• Lave em in the seat. When my son was a newborn he had to wear monitors and they had him sleep in his carseat because it was mre snug and kept him upright.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 6:37 PM on May. 15, 2013

• I have a different view on this. My kids use to wake me up all hours of the night when they were babies. I see these mom carting babies around in those carry seats now days. (I never had that) I would take the baby out/wake the baby up every chance I had in the day time. Waking me up all night long!

Answer by louise2 at 6:19 PM on May. 15, 2013

• Louise....seriously? Hold a grudge and give paybacks to an infant?.. You do know that no infant is maliciously waking you at night, right?
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 6:28 PM on May. 15, 2013

• Louise you are nuts, lol!

I would leave her in the seat. I still do on occasion and she is three (naps are not always desirable at this age!) She can sleep there as I unload the groceries or water the plants, whatever keeps me in eye and earshot. When she was tiny I would bring her in the seat, but it doesn't take long for them to grow too heavy for that stuff!
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 6:33 PM on May. 15, 2013

• If I knew they were fine and comfortable I would leave them in the seat. My first child was not a good sleeper, so I took advantage of any chance I had. My second was a great sleeper and would go right back to sleep after taking her out of her cars eat and putting her in her crib.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 7:09 PM on May. 15, 2013

• Never wake a sleeping baby! Unless it's around dinner time & you want them to go to bed after dinner for the night. Sleep brings on sleep.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 7:45 PM on May. 15, 2013