Techy Question: Why does my computer do this?

It's fine until I make a change or upgrade.... say to Java or anything... then it slows down so much that I have to wind up restoring to a point before this happened. Why does it do that?

m-avi

Asked by m-avi at 6:24 PM on May. 15, 2013 in Technology

• When you do updates are you sure to uncheck those little boxes that offer to add toolbars and stuff?
    You might want to go into your program files and delete anything that doesn't belong there after your updates.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 6:33 PM on May. 15, 2013

• Do you restart your computer after all updates?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:36 PM on May. 15, 2013

• Could be extra stuff they're including in your downloads of the updates (toolbars, security programs, etc.). How old is your computer? Have you defragged and cleaned up the hard drive lately? The only other thing I can think of off the top of my head is that maybe somehow a virus of some sort is getting into the download.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:42 PM on May. 15, 2013

• I've readjusted all the settings to let me decide to do the updates.
    m-avi

Comment by m-avi (original poster) at 6:25 PM on May. 15, 2013

• I did the last time Doc. I'm going to hold off on the updates to see how it all plays out, I think....
    m-avi

Comment by m-avi (original poster) at 6:58 PM on May. 15, 2013