Gifted screening results came in yesterday

incase anyone was wondering how my 6 year old did with her gifted testing, she was screened last week and we got the results from the screening yesterday. she scored 100 in verbal, 98 in nonverbal and has an IQ of 99. all of these are average ranges, so she didn't make it to the gifted program. but that's okay, im still proud of her for being average ;) just thought i'd share! thanks all for your advice on my previous gifted program question.

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 6:31 PM on May. 15, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Bummer. At least you know now.

My son's testing results came back as percentiles, and there was no IQ aspect to it at all.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 6:44 PM on May. 15, 2013

• Still awesome.

Just so you know IQ tests done through the schools are usually less in depth than tests given by developmental psychologists. Tests done by developmental or educational psychologists can take up to a week to complete with your child. My son's IQ came back as over 10 points higher through the psychologists assessment. This is a huge difference when it comes to IQ.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 9:16 PM on May. 15, 2013

• Nothing has changed. You still have a bright, funny, lovely little girl. Give her a big hug.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:36 PM on May. 15, 2013