This is for the stay at home moms. What do you do to keep from going insane?

Any tips to keep my sanity....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:02 PM on May. 15, 2013 in General Parenting

• real crazy
    or cabin fever crazy
    ?

when mine was younger, i got cabin fever
    and would crave adult conversation during the day.... poor people who called with wrong number, i could chat with any adult about anything

try to be an adult when your little one sleeps... hoping you get at least an hour during day to do something for yourself

when they get a little older, it gets much less crazy cabin fever ish
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:00 PM on May. 15, 2013

• I worked a lot in the yard, and I studied nutrition. Planning meals that were inexpensive and nutritious- made from scratch. Sewing, crafts. I also took walks with the children around the neighborhood and met neighbors. Other moms and I had lunch together regularly as a kind of play date and lunch visit- alternating houses. Then I took the children to the library, playgrounds, pool. I didn't find the mom friends boring at all. They were fun to visit with.

Answer by Bmat at 8:21 PM on May. 15, 2013

• Can you elaborate?
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:04 PM on May. 15, 2013

• uhg, i clean, i do laundry.. i relax.. i enjoy the peace and quiet.. i make phone calls go to the gym.. be bored.. be online..
    mampanda0422

Answer by mampanda0422 at 8:09 PM on May. 15, 2013

• Oh, ha ha. Just read your response to the question. Your insanity is completely different from mine. :D Mine is when I just can't take the noise/whining/everyone needing me stuff.

The cleaning and laundry keep me super busy. I don't get together with friends that often. I talk to my best friend just about every day on the phone. And I do get to visit with other moms at least once a month when we get together with other home schoolers. (I am pregnant with #6 and the oldest is 7 years)
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 8:21 PM on May. 15, 2013

• I have a part time job. I bake all of our breads, make cheese, yogurt. I garden and raise egg chickens. I plan crazy road trips for the summer. I think I'm busier now that the kids are in school than when they were small.

When they were small we went to the zoo a lot, botanic gardens, played in the park.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:39 PM on May. 15, 2013

• Let's see clean, play with my Los, go on walk, take them to the park, read a book, my kids keep me from going insane. I have other stay at home mom friends that do play dates with me. I don't know I love being home with my Los.

Oh yeah cm too lol
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 8:08 PM on May. 15, 2013

• That's what I mean the cleaning and laundry, and the boring mom friends it's all making me crazy.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:16 PM on May. 15, 2013

• Start a home based business....
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 8:17 PM on May. 15, 2013

• I'm too busy to go insane. :D LOL!

I have five little ones, and I think every single mom has her moments - whether it is one child or twenty! When I am going insane, I usually walk out of the house, pace in our yard, pray, and meditate on Scripture. That is the only thing that keep me from insanity on those days!!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 8:19 PM on May. 15, 2013