How to induce labor?

My water broke at 24 weeks. And been in hospital for a week with contractions back to back. They put me on a magniseum. And they make the contractions to stop. Then no sooner i am off they start back up. I was checked 24 hrs ago and i was 2 centimeres dilated. I cant deal with the pain nor all the drugs. Is there any way that i can get my cervix to dilate more while being on bedrest. I desperatly need the advice.i am scared that my baby is loosing more and more water. And with all the drugs they put me on that it is gonna mess with my baby.

pretermmom

Asked by pretermmom at 8:59 PM on May. 15, 2013 in Pregnancy

• if your water breaks you have to have the baby. they cant stop your labor. That can kill the baby.
    Anonymous

• Are you sure your not just leaking? BIG difference
    Anonymous

• So you are 25 weeks. SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP!

Your baby needs to be in there as long as possible. Do whatever they say, no matter how uncomfortable you are. Your baby's health and safety are so much more important than your own comfort.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:02 PM on May. 15, 2013

• i would think you would NOT want to have your baby too early

how many weeks are you now?
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:02 PM on May. 15, 2013

• She is in the hospital and being monitored by doctors... Surely they know more than you do anon.
    SleepingBeautee

• Staying pregnant is the safest thing for your baby. The more premature the baby, the more drugs your baby will be given after its born. Staying pregnant longer will mean less drugs for your baby in the long run. Good luck.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 9:03 PM on May. 15, 2013

• No, I don't think so. Aside from nipple stimulation I don't know of anything you can do on bedrest at the hospital to speed labor and I don't think you'd be looked at with much respect if you were playing with your nipples all day in there. Trust in the doctors and talk to them, tell them your concerns!!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 9:08 PM on May. 15, 2013

• I am 25 weeks as of today. Water broke 5/9/13 and they said that baby has water still around him. I have been leaking. My contractions are making dilate but they give me meds that slow down the contractions. And for pain they wanna give epidural. because me being 2 centimeters. But they dnt wanna give me that because it is gonna make me go into labor. And i cnt take my pain.
    pretermmom

Comment by pretermmom (original poster) at 9:11 PM on May. 15, 2013

• Think about your baby hooked up to machines. Then you can bear any pain. It is going to suck for a while, but your baby's safetly is most important.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:14 PM on May. 15, 2013

• how to induce labor?

don't. pretermmom...
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:27 PM on May. 15, 2013