Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My son ate a smooth stone what do I do?

My son swallowed a small smooth stone. It was a decorative stone that sat on the table. Well he decided to eat it. He was suppose to be sleeping but he decide to play. Well he freaked out after he swallowed it and started throwing up cause ," I need it out of me." His words. I didn't know what the problem was til my oldest son told me what happened. What should I do? Overall he is fine now and hopes that it falls out soon. He has stopped trying to vomit and its bedtime so he is very tired now. I guess their is nothing I can do till it passes.

Answer Question
 
Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:53 PM on May. 15, 2013 in Preschoolers (3-4)

Answers (5)
  • If it is small it should pass in a while. I will guess it will not be his most fun thing to do but he will be fine. Since it was smooth you do not really need to worry about tearing . Since he swallowed it you don't have to worry about choking. My little brother swallowed 2 silver dollars and the doctor just said if you want them back examine his stools for the next two days. He will know when they pass so just be sure they do and if not come back inn a week. There was some other stuff about abdominal pain a bowel discomfort but I am not sure I was paying attention to what kind of suffering he would go through lol. I was about 12 and they were from babysitting.
    Dardenella

    Answer by Dardenella at 12:01 AM on May. 16, 2013

  • Eh. I would call the nurse hotline or a doctor. Do you have another stone? Is there a paint or coating on it? Wouldn't want lead poisoning or anything like that.
    staciandababy

    Answer by staciandababy at 7:35 AM on May. 16, 2013

  • Hopefully everything came out all right in the end--pun intended.
    Ballad

    Answer by Ballad at 1:14 AM on May. 26, 2013

  • i would say the ER but this was a while ago, i hope your son is doing better. omg .
    Sillylins

    Answer by Sillylins at 12:28 PM on May. 28, 2013

  • update: it came out four days after he was fine.
    Anonymous

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:45 PM on May. 30, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN