My husband was just sentenced to 22 monthes in prison, I am having a really hard time with it, I'm lonely and miss him so much, I'm so depressed I cant do anything, How can I help myself get out of this grieving period and be positive?

MissingKeith

Asked by MissingKeith at 12:06 AM on May. 16, 2013 in Relationships

• I would just keep busy as much as possible. Work, take care of your kids, take some time for yourself and do a hobby, etc. Are you able to visit him on a regular basis?

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:12 AM on May. 16, 2013

• What's he in for?
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:13 AM on May. 16, 2013

• It's never easy when a loved one is incarcerated especially for along time. I agree that you should stay as busy as you can. Join some groups for this. You shouldn't have to go through this alone.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:28 AM on May. 16, 2013

• Focus on your children. You might want to get a job if you do not have one, which will help you focus on something other than your own pain.
    I am sure that your children are feeling the loss of their father and they need you more than ever before. My husband has had to be away from us for work up to 4 months ( not the same, I know, but it is the best I can do to relate to your situation) and it was incredibly hard and lonely but you can do this, one day at a time.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:36 AM on May. 16, 2013

• Volunteer, learn something new, meet new friends
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:29 AM on May. 16, 2013