Soon to be handicapped (temp). Nurse hubby? :(

I'm having surgery on my heel and Achilles' tendon the first of June.
Doctor says I will be off my feet for 2 plus weeks. I'm stressing about hubby's ability to pick up my slack in running the household and caring for me. I'm stressing.
Besides cleaning the house hard now to last through me getting back to it, and cooking/freezing meals to heat and eat- sigh.
Can you think of anything else I can do to pre prep for him to be Mr Mom?
I'm really not liking this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:10 AM on May. 16, 2013 in Health

• I didn't get to prep for my husband but you know what he was great. He took care of all four kids, house was clean, they were fed ( albeit lots of fast food lol). Don't stress, he will be fine. Camp on the couch so you can supervise!
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 7:35 AM on May. 16, 2013

• Just do what you can, and then just relax while you recover. I had to have surgery to have 2 screws put in my ankle when I broke it 4 years ago. I was a single mom with my 2 kids, off my feet for about 4 months and then limited walking for another month or so. I learned to let go of the things that didn't matter so much: as long as the clothes were washed, I didn't freak over them not being folded and put away. If dishes got clean, I didn't panic that my kid put the plates in facing the "wrong" way compared to how I do it. If my kid wanted to dust, I didn't sit there and direct and nitpick - I let him do it his way and even if it wasn't perfect, so what? At least it was sort of done.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:38 AM on May. 16, 2013

• The best thing you can do for him is to relax :)

Honestly, he'll probably be fine. Just accept that the house may be less perfect than you'd like it and take advantage of having a "slave" (albeit a temporary one!).
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 8:54 AM on May. 16, 2013

• Put the schedule in writing and give him a tour of the house
    Thats what i would have to do
    SO knows where the kitchen is but not the vanilla etc
    When he goes in there i hear, " where is..." A Lot

Plus he really doesnt know what is going on while hes at work
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 10:08 AM on May. 16, 2013

• Just relax. I came down with multiple autoimmune disorders overnight(just woke up one day and have been in pain and other health issues since). Hubby's are much more competent then we think. lol
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 12:48 PM on May. 16, 2013

• Don't insist on perfection or that your way is the only way, and your husband will do better than you ever thought possible.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:42 AM on May. 26, 2013