Anyone use coupons?

My husband wants me to start getting into using coupons. I usually check out the store savings. Anyone have any advice on saving money at the grocery store?

Thanks!

CSJMommy3

Asked by CSJMommy3 at 6:52 PM on May. 16, 2013 in Shopping

• Check out which stores in your area double/triple coupons up to how much and what days. I use coupons but my biggest savings come from using the weekly specials and planning my menu carefully, buying in bulk and repackaging, and using coupons for items that are already on sale. Don't buy overpriced items simply because you have a coupon.

Answer by missanc at 7:14 PM on May. 16, 2013

• My bets advices is to buy in bulk the things that you can, use coupons only for things you would buy anyway, and keep them organized. I organize mine by expiration date so that I can make sure I use them before they expire.

I use coupons.com to print out a lot of them. I also love shopping at Publix because I can use digital coupons by going to the website and choosing them and then entering my cell phone number at the check out.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:25 PM on May. 16, 2013

• I tried to get into it but I just can't. I was able to do more when I was a SAHM but now that I work it's harder to find the time to organize it. I have friends that swear by the CVS savings stuff.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:30 PM on May. 16, 2013

• No its just 2 of us and I have a budget and am able to stay within without coupons.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 7:47 PM on May. 16, 2013

• But I do use coupons when not shopping for grocery and home products.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 7:48 PM on May. 16, 2013

• Get a Sunday Newspaper , it has alot of coupons in it
    live.the.life.

Answer by live.the.life. at 10:04 PM on May. 16, 2013

• My Aunt is one of those coupon diva's, that manages to get a stockpile of stuff for next to nothing... She was gonna teach me how to do it, but I just haven't had the time.... I do use an occasional coupon here & there, but there rarely seems to be coupons for stuff that I actually use... so it's kind of difficult... I remember her telling me to check out sales ads & store sites & you can print out coupons from there, or load coupons onto your store cards so you don't even have to use the actual coupon. Plan your wkly menu around the sales. Shop at discount stores instead of major grocery stores. And always be on the look out for clearance items that you may need in the future. Target has great clearances!!
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 10:37 AM on May. 17, 2013

• Thanks Everyone!
    CSJMommy3

Comment by CSJMommy3 (original poster) at 2:57 PM on May. 17, 2013

• Here and there, probably not as much as I could.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:29 PM on May. 26, 2013