Big Concert while pregnant?

Blah, no bashing please.

So, I'm absolutely obsessed with a few of the headlining bands at Riot Fest in Chicago. It starts in September and it's a 3 day event. The only issue is...I'll be about 6 months pregnant by then.

So my question for you ladies is....would it be safe for me to go? There will be lots of people but if I stay clear of large crowds and stay close to the side, wouldn't I be fine or is it just not worth the risk?

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:33 PM on May. 16, 2013 in Pregnancy

• The concert alone is not a concern. The idea that you could get in the middle of a huge mash pit or knocked over could be. As well as the possibility of inhaling smoke or drugs. What does your gut tell you.
    Anonymous

• I don't see why not...

Just skip the moshing. :)
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 7:38 PM on May. 16, 2013

• I'm not sure what my gut is telling me because my mind is so clogged up with the idea of seeing these bands LOL I want to go SO bad but I obviously don't want to put myself in danger. I feel that if I go I'm smart enough to be able to stay away from hazardous situation but then again...things happen that are out of our control. My fiance says we should go ahead and go but be careful...he says that we really shouldn't miss out on something just because "something could happen," but I just don't know.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:41 PM on May. 16, 2013

• Well, what is the probability of something happening. What sort of a crowd does this band generally draw? Is the venue set up to allow for you to get out of any situation that may arise quickly? What is security like as far as drugs, alcohol and violence? If you plan to do all 3 days do you realize how tired one day will make you at 6 months pregnant?
    Anonymous

• I went to a concert while pregnant... of course it was in an arena... and it was Barenaked Ladies... :) I would not, personally, gone to any event that I felt could get out of control. You know this festival better than most of us will. I suppose if you plan to stay towards the back where the crowd is thin it would not be that bad...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:49 PM on May. 16, 2013

• If you can keep safe, go. Also, don't stand too close to the speakers.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 7:56 PM on May. 16, 2013

• In March I went with my DD to see Pink, the lady next to me was obviously pregnant, I thought she was gonna have the baby right there she was so excited. She was fine :) Of course this was an arena though. I say go, have fun but stay safe, keep hydrated and stay away from the "front".
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:11 PM on May. 16, 2013

• When I was 6 months prego I went to a White Stripes concert. I was fine but it got a little scary twice, at first I was to close to the center so I moved to the sides and second a man tried to feel me up from behind. The old me would have turned around and punched him in the face but since I was going to be a mom I just removed myself from the scene. So nyway my advice is go but expect this to be your last show for years and also expect that it will not be that fun. Mostly you will be stressing allot.
    pinkparcel

Answer by pinkparcel at 8:12 PM on May. 16, 2013

• I went to quite a few concerts while pregnant I just stayed in my seat or tucked myself in a corner away from people just watch out for the idiots smoking weed. And of course as your OB. & Have Fun!!!!! :)
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 8:54 PM on May. 16, 2013

• I went to mayhem metal fest pregnant. Just stay out of the pit
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 1:04 AM on May. 17, 2013