Itchy throat

ugh ive been having a persistently itchy throat for weeks now. it comes and goes but its horrible! ill sneeze a few times and then it gets sooo itchy. i have to make this horrible sound to make it feel better lol that or scratch the roof of my mouth with my tongue to try to satisfy it. then tonight im laying on my stomach looking down at my phone and my nose starts bleeding. it came out rapidly for a few minutes and scared the bejeezus out of me. now its stopped but i had to blow my nose a few minutes ago and it was a little blood tinged. i already drink tons of water so besides hydrating what else can i do??? i dont have any allergy meds on hand, except for what the kids use in liquid form. does this sound allergy related? it sucks!!!

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 8:04 PM on May. 16, 2013 in Health

• OH! forgot to add that the blood vessels in the back of my throat are super red, like they're bleeding.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 8:06 PM on May. 16, 2013

• Sounds like allergies I have had it for about a week now just got diagnosed today with a ear & sinus infection. Ugh.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 8:52 PM on May. 16, 2013

• Sounds like bronchitis possibly combined with an allergy. Are you coughing as well? You really should see a doctor ASAP. It sounds serious. I used to have nose bleeds frequently when I was younger but then I figured out that it was related to warm weather. Parents were cheap and rarely turned on the AC and just used fans but it would make my nose bleed. I used to get sore throats all the time, too, when I was in school. It stopped when I left that school. Have you been anywhere where germs could easily be spread? Being around kids can also do that. Be sure to take multivitamins and eat extra iron-rich foods, like cream of wheat and spinach, to make up for the blood loss. Drink extra vitamin-fortified orange juice as well. But please, please see a doctor.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 12:48 AM on May. 17, 2013

• Maybe allergy related. You might tru some honey on a spoon. for the itchiness. For the nosebleed, you house maybe too dry. You might want to use a vaporizer or steam or boil a pan of water to get some moisture in the air. If it has hung on this long I would probably have it checked. But it is just probably drainage irritating your throat.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:52 AM on May. 17, 2013

• the nosebleeds don't happen frequently. that was the first one ive had in like three years. its the itchy throat/ears that are bothering me constantly. ill try the honey, thanks.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 9:15 AM on May. 17, 2013

• It does sound allergy related to me. Sometimes if I eat avocadoes, bananas, tomatoes, etc, I get that terrible itchy throat. I hope you managed to get some Benadryl or something.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:29 AM on May. 26, 2013