How do I get friends when I do not like people.

All my life 26 years of it, I can count my friends on one hand, I have gone years with out friends or people careing for me. I am a loner not by choice. I find my self not liking people. I am sad and keep fighting egress. How can I find friends who want me apart of their life. Women seem not to like me 26 years old and no friends. How can someone who never had a good friend find people who want to be a part of my life?

okdiamond

Asked by okdiamond at 8:07 PM on May. 16, 2013 in Relationships

• you need to see a therapist

Anonymous

• Do you have hobbies? A job? Neighbors? Find people with similar interests, join a class, get a part time job, volunteer - they're all great ways to meet people.. Or be spontaneous and invite neighbors over for a BBQ.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 8:14 PM on May. 16, 2013

• I'll be your friend!

Anonymous

• I find that wine makes certain people more tolerable.
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 9:55 PM on May. 16, 2013

• Figure out what's wrong with yourself. You don't have like everybody but when you don't like anybody it's most likely a problem with your own attitude. People don't like people with attitude. Lighten up, open your mind, and broaden your horizons. Nobody is perfect and everyone is different. Stop looking for people exactly like you.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 10:21 PM on May. 16, 2013

• You could start by responding when people talk to you
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 10:30 PM on May. 16, 2013

• ahh i am with ya, I am a nice person, good heart and apparently a doormat - i am an introvert as it is and never feel that click with people, mostly with women
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:32 PM on May. 16, 2013

• People generally like people who like them. You seem to have difficulty in that area. A therapist might be able to help you find the positive in others as well as in yourself.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:10 PM on May. 16, 2013

• You need to be more open and willing to try to like people, to make an effort to see the good in people, then way you may attract people who are willing to accept you the way you are, its about give and take, accepting others the good with the bad, if you learn to love and understand yourself first you may find it easier to be able to do that for others.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 11:42 PM on May. 16, 2013

• You have to like people before you can try to make friends. People can sense if you don't like them. If you don't like them, why do you want friends? You really need to see a therapist to figure this first part out first. It's the key to your problems. Once you've decided if you really want friends or not, then you can start by finding good things about them to compliment them on. I kind of know what you're going through because there was a time when I kept meeting the worst people (psycho, drama-full, controlling, etc.). You have to figure out who YOU are, develop your interests. Then, you will find people with similar interests that you actually will like. For example, I hate greedy, selfish people and I was meeting people at parties but that wasn't the best place to find caring people. I found better friends through volunteering because that's what most caring people tend to do. The key is to develop your interests first.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 12:38 AM on May. 17, 2013