Miralax

To the other question i asked about my daughter she poops small mounts but this just restenly just started when she turned three and that was in march but so its not like it was all the time. I though i would find something that i could find at a store first and i am calling her doctor and asking what i could do or what i should do .

ayoung316

Asked by ayoung316 at 10:05 PM on May. 16, 2013 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• ok
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:06 PM on May. 16, 2013

• and you created a new question instead of just posting that within your old one because...?
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:10 PM on May. 16, 2013

• I meant to put a comment but i am new to this website so i didnt know how
    ayoung316

Comment by ayoung316 (original poster) at 10:13 PM on May. 16, 2013

• I have no idea what you're talking about but,... my son had constant pooping issues, I finally took him to a dietician and we adjusted his fiber intake,. if he had 8-9 grams of fiber, he could finally poop normally... we can tell in 2 days if he isn't having enough fiber, they made fiber bread with 3-4 grams per slice, the have fiber one bars, probiotic powder etc
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:23 PM on May. 16, 2013

• Besides fiber try increasing exercise and water intake
    Warm baths often get things moving too
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 10:27 PM on May. 16, 2013

• Okay thank you maxsmom11807 i will have to try the fiber one bars for her ill have to get them tomorrow
    ayoung316

Comment by ayoung316 (original poster) at 10:28 PM on May. 16, 2013

• Fiber one bars are awesome! I've had issues my whole life, and they work the best of anything I've ever tried. My child also has had the same problem around that age. Her ped. put her on half the adult dose of Miralax a day. Good luck!
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 1:05 AM on May. 17, 2013

• Does she eat any whole grains, vegetables, fruits? Those are great sources of fiber as well. Make sure she's drinking enough water, because increasing fiber intake without water will make her very constipated.
    You can also rub her belly in a clockwise direction. You don't have to use a lot of pressure, just gently rub, but that's the direction of the colon/large intestine, and it can help move things along.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:33 AM on May. 17, 2013

• Miralax works very good. Give her 1/2 a cap(bottle top) in water. It will soften the poop & make it easier to go. Also cut out the rice! That is probably what is making her not be able to go. It makes you constipated.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:23 AM on May. 17, 2013

• Dried fruit such as prunes and apricots are also good sources of fiber.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:07 AM on May. 26, 2013