would you date a guy that still lived with his parents?

Be honest!
What if he was the sweetest guy you have ever met, ever!??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:59 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• What age are you talking here?
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 3:00 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• It depends on the age, why he is living with them, etc. But probably not.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 3:01 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Not unless he was living with them to help take care of them.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 3:01 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• If I was 18, sure.

If I was 28, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe.

If I was 38, oh hell no.

Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 3:02 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• When I started dating my husband he was living with his parents. He was 25 at the time. He had been on his own and his son died, and had a bad break up with the childs mom and went home for awhile. I didnt look down on him for it. I also went home after my divorce and I was over 25 LOL. So I think it depends on the circumstances, their maturity level etc.

Answer by gemgem at 3:03 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• If he is like the single dad with no support from the mother and he lives with a parent while he gets back on his feet or something, maybe but it really also depends on his relationship with his parents. A man needs to respect his mother and father but needs to be independent. Mother's little boys aren't so cute after 10.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 3:04 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• i actually did. wasnt that much of a problem for me. it just means that he has more money to spend on fun things.. from his income xD

if he is a mommy-boy then thats something different. but living with the parents isnt that big of a deal actually.

my brother still lives with my parents.. when he doesnt work in different countries, like he does right now. but why should he waste his money on an own apartment (rent, bills ect.) when he can live for (almost) free at my parents house and they have the space for it. his girlfriend doesnt have a problem with it either. they all get a long so great.

he turns 22 in a couple weeks btw ;)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 3:06 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• He is probably being sooo sweet because he has no responsibilites with no worries in the world. He needs to be out in the world so that he may learn how to deal with whatever the world throws at him. It is really up to you if you want to stick with this guy maybe he is a sweet guy but will sweet pay the bills?

You can be friends with him for now until you see a difference in him but for now continue to date other guys.  Sorry U asked

Anonymous

• i would as long as he had a job and i nice car. he may just want to save up and no need to waste money until you get married and have a family to support. so it wouldn't bother me. just as long as he still had a job. i didn't marry money but a wonderful husband.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 3:09 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Okay, not every situation is the same;it depends on the age among other things, however I will share my story.I was 18 and met a 28 yo man who lived with his mom.He was very nice and told me he was staying there bc he wanted to be closer to his son;he was looking for a place.He was so nice and mature and caring and sweet; the list could go on.I fell in love with him and he destroyed every frienship I had and my relationships with my family, however i could not see this at the time.It turned out he was a drug addict and he never worked.I ended up pregnant, working two jobs, walking to work bc he got rid of my car. And after I had my son he started abusing me physically; mentally i guess started a long time ago.He was a total manipulator and i was totally tricked into so much. He fooled not only me, but many other people too, until he conviced me to quit being around them, then they realized what was going on.Total control freak
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 3:21 PM on Feb. 17, 2009