Need help putting prices on garage sale items!!!

So i have lots of stuff that i will be putting in a sale tomorrow and i need to add prices on them, but i have no idea what is a good deal.

Security baby blankets (clean no stains)
baby blankets (clean no stains)

newborn to 3 months clothes (clean no stains)
3 to 6 months clothes ( " )
6 to 9 ( " )
9 to 12 (" )
12 to 18 ( " )
18 to 24 ( " )
2T/3T/4T/5T ( " )

Double stroller (older i fair condition)
Graco single stroller (good condition)

baby bouncer (good condition)
baby play mat (good condition)
baby doorway bouncer (good condition)

I also have a lot of kitchen wear, pictures (lrg, med., sm.), bathroom items (unopened lotions, shampoos etc.), bath towels, hand towels, dish towels,

Juniors girls/womens clothes (good condition)
Mens clothes (good condtion)

Sorry this is so much I am just at a loss here. I need to get rid of stuff because we are expecting our first girl after having boys so i need to make room and money for buying all the little girl clothes!!! so excited about that!!!

Thanks Ladies for any help. I have a lot more than just that but i am hoping that this may give me an idea and i can go off that for the rest of the stuff. Was not to sure which "category" to place this in?

michelle.coppes

Asked by michelle.coppes at 10:26 PM on May. 16, 2013 in Just for Fun

• Even though your baby clothing is in good condition, don't price it too high. I wouldn't put anything over $1.00 if it were me, and if you want to get rid of it. The women and men clothing... shirts nothing higher than $2.00 and jeans not any higher than $5.00.

Bathroom, unopened items maybe $1.00 to $2.00.

Pictures $.50 to $5.00 depending on how nice they are.

(I'll step out at that and let the younger ladies tell ya about the baby items... I'm not up to date with those)

Again, though, these prices are if you want to get rid of your stuff and depending on your area....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:33 PM on May. 16, 2013

• $1 or so on the clothes. Unless they are those specialty garments like holiday outfits
    The baby gear start at 1/3 to 1/2 cost new and be willing to negotiate

But why are you getting rid of the baby gear with a new one on the way?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 10:35 PM on May. 16, 2013

• I usually ask for $1 a garment in most cases. Sometimes I will negotiate, but not usually.
    If you are looking for a higher price it might be a good idea to take some things to a consignment store and see if they can sell them for you. Sometimes you can get more money out of it that way and the added bonus of not having to do a yard sale.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:44 PM on May. 16, 2013

• What are the Brands on the baby clothes? If they are the cheaper Wal-Mart 5 to a pack for $5 onesies then I would sell them for about 50cents. Places like Once Upon a Child wont even consider the Wal-Mart onesies because they can't compete with the cheap prices at Wal-Mart.
    I personally have a hard time buying used things unless the price is something I can't pass up. I did a double yard sale with a friend and all of her things were priced like new and she didn't sell jack, my things were all priced for less than half of what I got it brand new and I sold it all. Good Luck!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 12:12 AM on May. 17, 2013

• The absolute maximum price you should ask for anything is 1/2 of what you paid, and I agree that most baby clothes should be priced around $1. If you want to make space, make it clear that you're willing to negotiate.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:49 AM on May. 17, 2013

• I agree with the previous suggestion of consignment store. If your garage sale is only kids stuff you would do better dropping it off at a consignment store if you don't need the money right away. I get half of what they sell stuff for and they can charge more than you can at a garage sale. My local store takes the strollers, toys, etc. In a couple of months you can check back and get your money. :)
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 10:43 AM on May. 17, 2013