Anyone else have their breast milk come out differently from one breast?

The milk in my left breast it more yellow(almost orange), and is more thick looking. The milk in my right Breast comes out pure white and more of a watery consistency. This is how it's been the entire 2 months since my son was born. What's up with this? Going anon cause its kinda embarrassing

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on May. 17, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm not sure. Sounds like it's either still producing colostrum, or there may be an infection of sorts. Is it hot to the touch or feel strange in any way? Does baby feed on each side? I'd ask your doc. GL
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 1:07 AM on May. 17, 2013

• I am assuming you are nursing equally on each side.
    I have no explanation but I would certainly ask my Dr. A quick phone call will do.
    My Dr.Always made sure I was feeding white and chocolate milk alternately. LOL It had to be explained to me (a joke)
    He said it kept everything healthy and equal in size lol.
    I hope you post what you find out.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:07 AM on May. 17, 2013

• My breasts don't hurt at all and it seems unlikely that it would be colostrum 2.5 months after birth. It's been this way the entire time.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:10 AM on May. 17, 2013

• Baby doesn't feed directly from them. I pump it out and feed it from a bottle so both sides are mixed. He was to aggressive that he made me cry from pain so I switched to pumping.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:13 AM on May. 17, 2013

• Yup, one is chocolate and the other vanilla.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on May. 17, 2013

• Can you include a picture? One of my breasts sprays differently but the color is matched breast to breast. Sometimes it is dependant of what you eat but I have not heard of different colors from different breasts. Your Dr is not going to have the answer. Call the LLL hotline.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:24 AM on May. 17, 2013

• It's not really unusual to see differences.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:21 AM on May. 17, 2013

• I really don't know. Maybe call your OB/GYN to ask if this is normal.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:35 AM on May. 17, 2013

• If the color was pinkish on one side I could suggest that it was blood from a tear or scratch or burst capillary.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:12 PM on May. 17, 2013

• my right always produced about twice the amount of my left. glad it didnt grow twice the size! but the color of each was matching. totally white. i would google - yellow/orange breast milk and make sure its not a bad sign of infection. because why would the one be a different color? thats so strange.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:45 PM on May. 20, 2013