"the IRS and HHS are now building the largest personal information database the government has ever attempted"

Your Next IRS Political Audit

The tax agency is getting vast new power in health care.

The TLDR:

IRS is adding 2000 unqualified employees (think TSA screening agents all over again) by next year to decide whether or not you, your employer and/or your insurance provider are complying with all 47 changes to the tax code made by Obamacare.  They will do this, in part, by creating a national database that includes all your personal info, then hoping Anonymous (or China) isn't able to hack into it any time soon.

Anyone else at all concerned by how many individual places there will be for this to get screwed up and land you in court or in jail?  

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 8:46 AM on May. 17, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• Gosh, what could possibly go wrong?

Our government can't even seem to keep track of terrorists that they put in protective custody. Nothing like forgetting to add their witness protected names to the no fly list.

I think no matter what, it will be harder for you to prove that you aren't breaking a law with regards to Obamacare than it will be for them to prove that you are breaking a law.  

But why bother reading a bill before passing it?  That takes all of the fun out of finding out what's in it when we can't do anything about it.  Fucking idiots.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:15 AM on May. 17, 2013

• I think this is absolute Bull Shit! It pisses me off!
    The government has they're nose in everything we do, eat,, breathe, sleep,, you name it!

I love the part where you say "2000 unqualified employees"
    This is going to be a huge cluster fu*k!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 9:51 AM on May. 17, 2013

• I love the part where you say "2000 unqualified employees"

That's the gist of the article, though. They aren't hiring labor lawyers or people with HR degrees - they're hiring people trained to work for the IRS, accounting or project backgrounds with absolutely zero background in labor law, but having them make determinations which are - things like how many minutes qualify as "full time", is a teacher a "seasonal" position, etc.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 10:24 AM on May. 17, 2013

• I worry because my dh works for a temp agency but usually gets 40+ hours per week BUT they are from different businesses so is he full time or part time? He gets VA insurance benefits so does that cover him or not? I figure the government will decide we need to be taxed regardless and take the money they want. With a stack of paperwork taller then a man there will be something in there to make us pay.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 11:06 AM on May. 17, 2013

• @baconbits, I haven't heard if Tri-Care will be affected, yet..I do know that Tri-Care will now become United Health. Lots of changes coming but I haven't received anything else at this point.
    If the Government can hire unqualified employees at less cost, they will. Caring about the downfall of the numerous errors that are bound to happen will come at a later date (eye roll)!
    This should concern everyone!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 11:36 AM on May. 17, 2013

• Yup, this is one big GIANT cluster fuck waiting to happen, or in some cases, already happening. And we all have the nitwit, aka Obama and the Supreme Court to thank. But what are we gonna do about? Well in the words of JIm Carrey..."So what I'm gonna do is piss and moan like an impotent jerk and then bend over and take it up the tailpipe!”
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 12:19 AM on May. 18, 2013

• Its all good as long as it is Obama overseeing the agencies.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 6:24 PM on May. 19, 2013

But Axelrod has told us that the gov't is just too vast for Obama to keep track of everything going on. *eyeroll* So if we take him (A) at his word we have someone incompetent in charge. *SIGH*
    DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 12:28 AM on May. 20, 2013