My daughter that I gave up for adoption is now 22 and is coming to a party for her grandparents. How do I introduct her to other family members?

red420girl

Asked by red420girl at 3:33 PM on May. 17, 2013 in Adoption

• Ask her how she would like to be introduced. It should be whatever she is comfortable with. It could be, "my daughter", or just Her name. Ask her what she would like/prefer.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 3:35 PM on May. 17, 2013

• Do they know you found one another? Ask her if she wants to be introduced as your DD or friend? I think if they never knew about the adoption friend would be better to avoid conflict in a public setting
    RobinChristine

Answer by RobinChristine at 3:36 PM on May. 17, 2013

• Does your family know you had a child you gave up for adoption?
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 3:38 PM on May. 17, 2013

• I agree with introducing her as what she is comfortable with. I would probably give the other party guests a heads up as to who she is to cut down on awkward moments of silence.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 4:29 PM on May. 17, 2013

• I'm sure she has an idea of how she wants to be introduced. Let her take the lead.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 3:37 PM on May. 20, 2013

• I agree with the others; let the girl decide how she would like to be introduced. If possible, let people know ahead of time that she will be at the party and what the situation is. If that can't happen, then people will take their cues from you and your daughter. The more relaxed and upbeat the two of you are, the more the other guests will be as well.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:54 PM on May. 25, 2013

• Just explain it
    escuchar

Answer by escuchar at 12:48 PM on Apr. 14, 2014