Do you teach your children to be respectful of the religions of their classmates?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 10:39 PM on May. 17, 2013 in Religion & Beliefs

• Absolutely. NO one knows for sure about any of it and they should always be respectful of what others believe

charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:40 PM on May. 17, 2013

• Yes, I do. I'm teaching my children to be free-thinkers but, to still respect all others, regardless of religion, gender, race or orientation.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 10:40 PM on May. 17, 2013

• Yes. We teach her to respect diversity in many forms.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 10:41 PM on May. 17, 2013

• no, but i do teach them to be respectful of ppl in general. ive never really thought about it b/c i was never taught that...i just knew to be respectful b/c other ppl's religions are as important to them as mine is to me. i never knew kids acted like that until i got on here and heard some of y'alls horror stories.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:42 PM on May. 17, 2013

• I am raising my son to be kind to everyone. I teach him that it is NOT okay to treat people differently because of how they look/love/think/believe/etc/etc/etc. I teach him that love is the most important thing, and to show love always is what matters most.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:43 PM on May. 17, 2013

• Yes, I am raising my dd to be a free thinker and to accept everyone for who they are and what they believe. I do teach her that it's unacceptable for someone to force their beliefs on others (especially when asked to stop). I don't want it done to my child and I definitely don't want her to do it to others.
    Nos4

Answer by Nos4 at 10:46 PM on May. 17, 2013

• I 100% do I grew up with the new age beliefs and omg so much crap iv gone through for it but i also raise my kids the same only i also teach them some of the beliefs of others so when they are older they can deice what religion they feel comfortable with. My kids also know not to bully or point out differences of someone else and im proud they respect others
    katehaydensmom

Answer by katehaydensmom at 10:56 PM on May. 17, 2013

• Yes. We are a very diverse family. Catholic to Muslim...
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:57 PM on May. 17, 2013

• Yes
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 11:02 PM on May. 17, 2013

• Absolutely.
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 11:28 PM on May. 17, 2013