What do I do next?

My kids were visiting their dad tonight. Well he texted me and said he put the pop up camper up and was putting them in there to sleep(the camper is in the yard of his moms house). Then he text me that he was having a friend over. I asked who and he said it was a girl that was coming and he was going to have beers and sit by the bon fire with her, and it didn't matter because the kids were asleep. I didn't feel they needed to be around that (there is no visitation order set) so I headed over to get them. He got upset and didn't see what the big deal was. I said Im taking them home. They don't need to be around you while your getting drunk with a girl by the fire. When I had pulled up the kids weren't even asleep yet and 2 minutes after I pulled in this girl pulled in. So I loaded the kids up and when he went to walk back toward his house I was that same way and we did that shuffle thing well then he said just fucking go and pushed me out of the way and I fell back into my vehicle and I sorta grabbed his shirt on the way into my vehicle to keep from falling. I then called the cops and they came out and said all they could do was file a report and that it was a he said she said thing and that he said I pushed him first. I get in the vehicle and my oldest whose 5 says mommy daddy pushed you. Then the cops said to just take the kids and go home. So I did.
My question for all of you is what would you do next?

WildAngel86

Asked by WildAngel86 at 3:08 AM on May. 18, 2013 in Parenting Debate

• First of all, I wouldn't have gotten into it with my ex in front of my kids. It sounds like you're a bit jealous and assume your ex was going to get drunk.
    As far as what to do next..grow up and be an adult around your children!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 3:12 AM on May. 18, 2013

• I didn't get into it with him. All I did was go get the kids because he TOLD me he IS getting drunk, and I didn't feel they needed to be around that when he was supposed to be visiting with them not bringing some random girl he met over the internet over. So when I got there he pushed me. and I called the cops and they said to take the kids and leave. so I did
    WildAngel86

Comment by WildAngel86 (original poster) at 3:26 AM on May. 18, 2013

• Why in the hell is he texting you all this anyway. Truthfully it is non of your business what he is doing when he has the kids. All of it was not necessary.

Answer by louise2 at 6:44 AM on May. 18, 2013

• So he specifically told you he was planning on getting drunk? Having a beer or two is one thing and not really a big deal, getting trashed is a whole other story. I think you overreacted by going to get the kids. Just let the whole thing drop.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 5:13 PM on May. 18, 2013

• I think you're over reacting, he texted you this to make you mad and he succeeded, now he knows he can control you, congrats
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 3:15 PM on May. 20, 2013

• First thing I would get the visitation order. Why wasn't that set when you got divorced?
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:32 PM on May. 21, 2013

• I think he drunk texted you like an idiot and you did the motherly thing of trying to protect your kids
    Hey I give you props, thats just me
    lullaby572

Answer by lullaby572 at 7:22 AM on Jul. 16, 2013

• I think you need to apologize to him, the children and to his date. You cannot stop him from seeing the children. As you said yourself, there is no visitation order in place. He has equal rights to them if you are not divorced yet. If I were him, I would try to get 50/50 because of your unreasonable behavior. If you care about your children, don't behave in this manner. Learn all you can about parental alienation and malicious mothering. These things hurt our children. When you put your children in a horrible situation like this one, where they can't enjoy an evening with their dad and his friend, you are telling them that half of themselves is evil and bad. You are telling them that dad can't be trusted. You trusted him fine before he had a female friend over. Then it suddenly became bad. Think about that. I am sure he has had a beer or two before in front of the children. The blow was to you. Quit making it about you.
    lilangilyn

Answer by lilangilyn at 4:32 PM on Aug. 7, 2013