How do you keep them clothed?

For the past few nights, we have found my 2 year old naked. The other morning she was crying in bed. When I went to check on her, she was butt naked. Last night, she was crying. My husband checked on her and she was butt naked again. Is this normal? How do I get her to stop undressing in the middle of the night. Some nights she will undress herself and pick out what she wants to wear so in the morning she will have 5 shirts on, a pair of pants and no diapers.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:12 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• LOL! Our 2 yr old does the same thing! I had to move her crib because she would reach through the slats, open her sock drawer and throw them all over. One morning, I went in to get her, she had taken her PJ's, onesie and diaper off and she had on 2 prs of jeans and socks on both feet and both hands. So, I have since moved her crib far away from the dresser. I haven't figured out a way to keep her clothes on though, I'll just wait till she outgrows it just like the other 3 did. She was a preemie, so she isn't tall enough to climb out of her crib yet, but when she does... I guess I'll have to come up with a plan B!

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 3:25 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Some solutions to keeping the diaper on include putting it on backwards and potty training.... we chose to start potty training. My daughter will dress and undress too... she can't undress herself if we dress her in a onesie with jeans. Some of her clothes have zippers/snaps up the back or zippers that have fabric that covers them.... she can't get these off without help.
    SkimVanilLatte

Answer by SkimVanilLatte at 5:28 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Totally normal.
    IZs_mommy

Answer by IZs_mommy at 5:43 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• my son is doing the same thing (at 18months). the only solution for us was putting his diaper on backward AND making him wear a onsie. Hope you find something soon. i know how frustrating this can be
    xburtonchickx

Answer by xburtonchickx at 6:04 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• LOL, LOL. She sounds like a cutie. IDK how to stop her.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 7:49 PM on Feb. 17, 2009