Day care on Vacation? How to find it?

My husband is taking me to Hawaii, we will be staying at my uncle's empty house in Hilo for 12 days. I should be happy but I am not wanting to leave my baby who will be 1 for 12 whole days. I do want to be able to go snorkling and do activities without the baby but I would miss her too much. Any ideas on how to get day care on vacation?

glocks90

Asked by glocks90 at 3:12 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Travel

• May seem strange-but can you ask someone to go along?
    Anonymous

• If your uncle has a house there - who are his neighbors? Is he close with them? Would they have any recommendations?
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 3:25 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I know it is easy for me to say but who ever is going to take care of your baby I am sure your child will be in good hands, just make sure you take something with you of the baby so you won't feel so far from her. And enjoy your vacation it is not everyday people get to travel to Hawaii. You go girl and have a blast (especially for all of us here at cafemom) Can't wait to hear about your adventure keep us tooned in.travel

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 3:59 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• scubaI'll go with you!!!!

chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 7:00 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Take me with you, I'll watch her.
    t1gger143

Answer by t1gger143 at 8:34 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Hilo is a very "sleepy" town. Not much happening there & getting a sitter maybe a chore. My suggestion to you is to ask "uncle" if he has friends or neighbors williing to help out while you're there. That is the way they do things there, by word of mouth, everybody knows everybody and they are willing to "kokua" help if you ask !
    Aloha, Danielle
    I'd baby sit for you but I'm on the wrong island sorry
    danielle808

Answer by danielle808 at 1:39 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I'd call a travel agent and ask them how to find a reputable day care.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:38 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• i just posted to another mom.. i was a babysitter on a trip... they took me along and paid for my trip, and we had the agreement that that was payment enough. We went to disneyworld.. it was a great trip.
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 11:15 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• ok thanks, he does coach girls basketball so maybe one of his players would want to help.
    glocks90

Answer by glocks90 at 11:54 PM on Feb. 25, 2009