Daycare/preschool

If you were living in another country would you enroll your children in a daycare/preschool that was all American/English, or one that wasn't at all?

I think we have already gotten our minds made up, but I was just curious. Our kids are enrolled in American daycare right now (only because on base was the shortest wait time), but we really want to send them to one off base. I plan on filling out the applications next week.
There are a few that are half English, half Japanese, but they don't work with our hours. I feel like the kids are missing out on a big part of being here. Especially since we have 3 more years here, I want them to learn Japanese, learn the customs, ect.

AF4life

Asked by AF4life at 7:22 AM on May. 18, 2013 in General Parenting

• I would send them to a school where they could get full immersion into the language. I would want to make sure there would be at least a handful of people in the building who did speak English just in case there became an urgent need. My understanding is that in Japan it is not unusual for Most people to be bilingual, at least to an extent, so hopefully that would not pose a problem.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:50 AM on May. 18, 2013

• Depends on if we were living in that different country temporarily or permanently.  Temporarily, English speaking daycare.  Permanently The language of the country.  My kids would need to learn the language.

Answer by louise2 at 8:03 AM on May. 18, 2013

• Does any of the staff speak english?
    Im asking for safety reasons.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 8:31 AM on May. 18, 2013

• I'd do one that was 1/2 & 1/2. I think it would be fantastic for them to learn Japanese. As long as it is safe & clean & the Teachers understand english then I'd go with that one.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:37 AM on May. 18, 2013